Anyone here has the Koss Pro DJ-200?
Feb 22, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #166 of 179
I've been to 2 local Tuesday Morning stores and neither have them any longer. I've never asked where they went. One of them had well over 20 in the case.

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #167 of 179
I'm debating between the tbse1 and the dj200. afaik they will sound the same. the only thing different is the included iphone cable. is the cable well built? if i got the tbse1 i'd probably pick up a v-moda 1 button one or a 3 button one if i can still find one. price wise, it would work out to be about the same (200 costs more but comes with cable, tbse1 i would have to order a cable with it).  i guess also the tbse has the signature on the cups, which I'm not sure i like although they look kinda classy with them. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #168 of 179
  I'm debating between the tbse1 and the dj200. afaik they will sound the same. the only thing different is the included iphone cable. is the cable well built? if i got the tbse1 i'd probably pick up a v-moda 1 button one or a 3 button one if i can still find one. price wise, it would work out to be about the same (200 costs more but comes with cable, tbse1 i would have to order a cable with it).  i guess also the tbse has the signature on the cups, which I'm not sure i like although they look kinda classy with them. 

I've got the dj200's. The cable is very well made and they sound very good to my ears (I had the dj100's before, and they sound exactly the same to me as the dj200's). Call quality is excellent compared to the mic on my phone, and it's sensitive enough to pick up my voice without me having to lift the mic up to my face. Between the TBSE, DJ200's and the DJ100's, I would go with the dj200's personally, since I use the cable all the time with my phone, and it's way nicer to wear when you aren't at a desk with the straight cable plugged in. It may also be worth considering getting a nice set of earpads with them, I found the m50 pads to really sound great with them [http://www.head-fi.org/t/759579/how-much-difference-do-pads-make-on-the-koss-pro-dj200-a-lot-a-comparison-of-the-stock-hm5-and-m50-pads]. Also, they do benefit from an amp, but they also sound great to me straight out of my Galaxy S3. IMO, these are some of the most under-rated headphones you can buy. Really good stuff in the sub $100 (some would even argue sub-$200). Even some of the more negative reviews of these headphones (such as the one by InnerFidelity) say that the sound is "only average" considering their $150 price point, which of course, is way higher than what you'd pay online for them (I got my 100's for $40, and the 200's for $70). Just note that if you get them, that they do take a while to burn in. Give them some time and they'll really start to come alive. Also, I found that the headband was hurting the top of my head when I first got them; not the case anymore. I think it's because the very top of the headband started to wear out and flatten, allowing more of the headband to make contact with my head. Ultimately, I can't fault them (I might be a little bias though
tongue.gif
). Good luck in your decision!  

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #170 of 179
So I just bought these and on the short cable the voice is restricted to left channel when switched to stereo. But on the coiled cable the stereo effect is awesome and the voice is dead center. Same for my random aux cords laying around. The straight cable is the reason I picked this over the DJ100 too..

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #171 of 179
So I just bought these and on the short cable the voice is restricted to left channel when switched to stereo. But on the coiled cable the stereo effect is awesome and the voice is dead center. Same for my random aux cords laying around. The straight cable is the reason I picked this over the DJ100 too..

I've had no problems with the short cable on my dj200. It sounds like you may have a faulty cable. Try and exchange them, otherwise they do have a lifetime warranty. I would give them another chance though, as they are my favorite headphones. ☺

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #172 of 179
I've had no problems with the short cable on my dj200. It sounds like you may have a faulty cable. Try and exchange them, otherwise they do have a lifetime warranty. I would give them another chance though, as they are my favorite headphones. ☺

Would I have to exchange the whole headphones or just the cable? I'd really hate to return these as the sound is starting to improve as they have around 25 hours of burn in right now.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #173 of 179
Would I have to exchange the whole headphones or just the cable? I'd really hate to return these as the sound is starting to improve as they have around 25 hours of burn in right now.

I imagine that if you told customer support about the issue, they wouldn't have an issue with sending you a new straight cable. Koss is supposed to be pretty good about their customer service. Definitely wouldn't want to send the whole headphone back, but if you have to then you have to. I would definitely tell them about it though (after you register your headphones of course). 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.koss.com/en/support/warranty_and_repair

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #174 of 179
I registered and waiting to head back. I'm plugging my headphones into my Yamaha 5.1 receiver's headphones jack and the sound is the same whether the switch on the headphones are set on stereo or mono. I can't tell if the headphone jack outputs in mono mode only or if the headphones aren't able to transfer the surround sound into mono. Either way these are pretty good for movies(for $80) and even the mono sound has great soundstage and imaging quality out of the receiver.

Sorry for all the questions considering this thread is old

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #175 of 179
I registered and waiting to head back. I'm plugging my headphones into my Yamaha 5.1 receiver's headphones jack and the sound is the same whether the switch on the headphones are set on stereo or mono. I can't tell if the headphone jack outputs in mono mode only or if the headphones aren't able to transfer the surround sound into mono. Either way these are pretty good for movies(for $80) and even the mono sound has great soundstage and imaging quality out of the receiver.

Sorry for all the questions considering this thread is old

No, there definitely should be a difference between stereo and mono. Try plugging it in straight to your phone (they actually sound surprisingly nice like that) using your coiled cable to see if you notice any difference. Try looking up on YouTube "stereo test" and seeing if you hear the test properly. Good luck!

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #176 of 179
Today I recieved a message form Amazon.de that tey are cancelling my order of a DJ200. It is no longer in stock and they don't know when or if it will be available again.

At the moment there is no dutch store that have the DJ200 in stock. On amazon.it/co.uk and .fr this headphone is also not available at the moment.

Will there be a successor soon?

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #177 of 179
They did make a new version of the 4AAA headphones [http://www.amazon.com/Koss-Pro4AAAT-Pro4AAA-Titanium-Stereophone/dp/B000JC7GEC/ref=pd_sim_23_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Z6J%2BLz84L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1G7DFVVMANYCG5BQRD35], and they do look a lot like the DJ series, just open back and white in color. Give eBay a try if they aren't on Amazon. (Here in the US, the DJ200's are still available, so I think that they are still making them). Good luck!

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #178 of 179
Thanks! Yes, they sell on Amazon.com, but then I've to pay import duties. On Ebay they are even more expensive. I wait for a while and hope they wil sell again in a whil. I have also emailed Koss international customer service, let's see what they say.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #179 of 179
I've got this reply from Koss:

We are in the process of producing more DJ200's. It may take awhile to get them in stock globally. Thanks for contacting us. 

So the production isn't stopped, I think they were simply to popular... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back