Anyone here has the Koss Pro DJ-200?
Apr 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #151 of 179
Quote:
Guys, I ordered the prodj200 and Newegg did screwed my order. Instead of prodj200, they send me KDE250 (go to Newegg, search prodj200 and look at the description says KDE250) Should I keep it? I haven't open it yet and I know the price KDE250 cost more but it's ugly.

if the kde250 is a higher model then just keep it lol

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #152 of 179
I have the 100 (paid $30) and 200
(paid $48) and the 200 has better clarity to my ears. The pads fit better on my ears than the 100's pads too. I put the stock cables to the side and went with a Griffin Survivor cable for their durability.

I did mod both headphones with Bake Shop clay around the back of the drivers. I think the bass is more controlled and punchier to my ears.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #153 of 179
I got lost in all that conversation and finally didn't understand so have to ask.... is the Koss Pro DJ-200 worth buying? I am asking because my AKG 618DJ broke and need to replace them and thought of buying the Koss.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #155 of 179
I've picked up a pair of Koss DJ200 and like them a lot. Before buying them, I demoed them side-by-side with other headphones such as Shure SRH840 and AKG K550. I've also tried a bunch of Beats, some B&O, and a few Sennheisers (up to HD 598) from other stores. It's hard to comment on all those phones but the SRH840 sounded a bit bright and not enough bass and smaller soundstage compared to the DJ200, though they are very detailed. Just like what I've read here, the K550 had pretty good soundstage for a closed set and are very comfy, but I wasn't satisfied with the sound sig as I am with the DJ200, especially with the treble (again, similar to what I've read here).

Anyway, the DJ200 was on sale for $75 so I couldn't resist. On top of that, it has a nice case and 2 detachable non-proprietary cables. But it's not perfect. The pads aren't great. Added some tissue in side and they're better but I've already ordered some M50 pads. The headband is also a little flimsy and barely long enough for my head. I can't use the headphones comfortably when I'm wearing a hat.

For reference, I use the DJ200 with a Sony Xperia SP and MacBookPro Retina. I haven't tried using a DAC/amp yet but I'll try to borrow a Audioengine D1 to see if that makes a big difference. On that note, do you guys have any recommendations which DAC/amp may pair well with the DJ200?

Here are some DAC/amp (besides the D1) I'm interested in but have no way of trying them out before buying:
- Muse Mini DAC Amp MK2 USB 1793
- Topping D3
- SMSL SD-793II
- Fio E17

I want to use the DAC/amp with the DJ200 obviously and laptop (via optical or USB) as well as for my HT - between media server and amp (Harman/Kardon) via optical.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #156 of 179
I have had the DJ-200s for over a month now and have been enjoying them.  I wear them all day while I work (8-12 hours). I do find they get a bit uncomfortable near the end of the day.  Are there replacement cushions that are softer and more comfortable than the stock ones?

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #157 of 179

I have had the DJ-200s for over a month now and have been enjoying them.  I wear them all day while I work (8-12 hours). I do find they get a bit uncomfortable near the end of the day.  Are there replacement cushions that are softer and more comfortable than the stock ones?

I would try the Audio Technica ATH-M50 pads. They're about $10 each from Sweetwater. There are some velour pads out there but they get hot and you have less room inside the pads. B&H sells them and they're made for the MDR-V6.

M50 pads also give you some nice improvements such as a larger soundstage etc. Of course this could vary for some people. With the DJ100 you do get an impression of a clearer sound and slightly more treble.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #158 of 179

I would try the Audio Technica ATH-M50 pads. They're about $10 each from Sweetwater. There are some velour pads out there but they get hot and you have less room inside the pads. B&H sells them and they're made for the MDR-V6.

M50 pads also give you some nice improvements such as a larger soundstage etc. Of course this could vary for some people. With the DJ100 you do get an impression of a clearer sound and slightly more treble.

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I ordered the M50 pads from sweetwater on saturday and just received a phone call from who I would guess is the owner.  He called to follow up and make sure he had the correct address before sending them out. 

If you are looking for gear, definitely check their site out.  I don't know if they will have what you need, but i doubt you'll find better customer service anywhere. 

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #159 of 179
I picked up a set of DJ-200s on sale for a great price and I am very happy with them.  I am particularly impressed with the build quality.  I was going to buy a set of ATH M-50s for almost three times the price of the DJ-200s, but I bought a set of Koss UR-40s for $20 as a temporary measure so I could listen to my new Fiio X5 and I found myself blown away by how good the UR-40s sounded for so little money, The excellent sound of the UR-40s for so few dollars caused me to choose the much less expensive DJ-200s instead of the Audio Technicas.  (I will change the ear pads to the M50s though).  I still find that I am amazed by the UR-40s.  They are very light, way more comfortable than the DJ-200s and sound almost as good.  If the build quality was a little better and if they had a detachable cable, the UR-40s would be my choice for best bargain headphone of them all.

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #161 of 179
Hoping to get some help from all you Koss dj pro 100/200 owners here.

I'm close to "pulling the trigger" on a set of dj200. I'm UK based and I'll be importing from Amazon USA ($70/£44) or Amazon Germany (E63/£49) to save on price.
Use through Laptop or A/VR, flac & mp3. Phone/mp3 player.

1.Does anyone know if buying from amazon voids the Lifetime warranty?
2.I listen to Alt rock/rock/Acousic/Folk/Soul, how will these fare?
3.Is a small headphone amp such as the viio 5, really needed?
4.How is the Isolation for Plane/tube/etc?

Thanks for reading.

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #162 of 179
1)  Hama (UK) Ltd. Unit 4 Cherrywood, Chineham Business Park, Basingstoke, Hants, RG24 8WF
     Tel:  0845 230 4262    Fax:  0845 230 4263 deal with Koss warranty in the UK. Warranty is not void when purchased from Amazon, they just need to see the receipt of purchase.

2)  I don't listen to rock/folk but soul/acoustic is good and female vocals are great.

3)  Small amp is definitely needed to get the best from the Koss Pro DJ100/200. I use the PA2V2 which is great.

4)  Isolation is not the best but adequate for what you've mentioned.

I'd invest in a pair of Audio Technica M50 pads. Also the new Koss BT540i ear pads will fit but there not available yet but I think they will be good.

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #164 of 179
Feb 22, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #165 of 179
Are there still any sources around for bargain priced 200's or TBSE's? I see the TBSE for around $55 on ebay...

Any local US stores still carry them, like Tuesday Morning, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back