Anyone hear/use a mintpad?
Mar 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

shinobi00

100+ Head-Fier
I'm very interested in the mintpad. I've heard some users say it has really good sq, but none of these users are audiophiles really. Anyone out there with one? The dock also supports line-out, which means I can build an LOD. It also has a 12-band EQ, which looks really interesting. Anyone hear one with good headphones. I could could give a f about the other features(although they look ok). iit's a really good deal for about $100 bucks. it's only 4gb but it's supports sd expansion up to 16gb.

I'm also thinking about the 2gb sflo. it doesn't come with the extra features, but it has a memory card. How is it for going through long lists of music.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 13
Here is my jaded opinion: don't wait for 'audiophile' reviews unless they are from big name press, or from very well-respected members here who have many DAPs to compare. By and large, 'audiophiles' are nothing more than people who suddenly realise they want better sound and have very little experience or understanding of what sounds good or not.

The Mintpad may sound good, but I'd wait to hear more even after a few HF'ers chime in about the OMG SQ.

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 13
It was released w/such little fanfare that it may never get the "OMG" treatment, unfortunately. I have heard the SQ is fantastic, and the EQ is around 10 bands - I don't have the specs in front of me.

Here's something from Jenn on: Pocketables

EDIT: Added Jenn's unboxing: Unboxing the mintpass mintpad (and accessories)

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 13
P1020763.jpg

P1020762.jpg

My mintpad rig
k701smile.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 13
Nice. And what do you think of it? Right now I have a fuze v2 and I'm eqless, I'm looking for something warmer. I'll pair it with an amp eventually, but I'm thinking I'll be fine with the mintpass without the amp. How is it with and with out?

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #9 of 13
It sounds nice ampless and I mostly used it with flat eq. Nope, it don't do gapless. You will need to get use to the interface. Touchscreen is not as smooth as a ipod. For amping u will need to get a TTA20 pin usb adaptor from Korea ebay so u will get a lineout from it.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 13
I have to ask you which pins are lineout?(I plan on getting one soon). I hear it shares the same cable as the s9, which is findable here in the states.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinobi00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to ask you which pins are lineout?(I plan on getting one soon). I hear it shares the same cable as the s9, which is findable here in the states.

I am not very sure the cable that s9 use works as I never try it before. Actually, I was thinking to try the s9 cable before same as you but I read up on some forums that it don't work at all for them that why I never bought it. Have been some surfing that bought me to an article on an UMID mbook that use a proprietary USB adaptor for 3.5 mm output that give me an idea to search for it. Search for it at eBay but to no avail then decide to try Gmarket. It was there I found the adaptor and decide to take the gamble and the rest is history.
Anyway here is some information for you that may be helpful to you. 

Gmarket - Buy and Sell Apparel, Cosmetics, Jewelry, Electronics & more at low price

20 pin TTA adapter, cable, or other accessory? - Pocketables Forum

hope it will be useful.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 13
hi zethanos :D ,

i just test this Converter TTA20pin with some korean DAP

Failed:
- Samsung M1
- Cowon J3

Can but not true line out (you can still use the volume):
- Iriver Spinn

A Real Line out:
- Mintpad Mintpass

Cannot attach:
- Cowon S9
- Samsung R0

other korean DAPs like Iriver K1, Samsung P3, Xuke, Levnos, Mpgio dont use TTA20pin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back