Anyone have the new wilco album, Wilco (the album)
Jul 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #16 of 23
Another wilco album?

Hmm. I hope its more like YHF. I found Sky Blue Sky and A Ghost is Born fairly boring, and Summerteeth was too hotly mastered so while the music was good, I couldn't enjoy it that much.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #17 of 23
Just had a listen, my first exposure to Wilco. I am definitely very impressed, a very original songwriter.

fraseyboy, very enjoyable sound as well. Without having heard any of his other albums - I do not think it is too hot at all.

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 23
I love tune of "I Must Be High".
In now and old times.

After "(the album)" is heard, "A.M." is asked again again.

415KXYDW6VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a listen, my first exposure to Wilco. I am definitely very impressed, a very original songwriter.

You're in for a small adventure then! Wilco changes a bit between albums - the earlier ones won't sound the same, but you'll find a current that runs through them.

I found Wilco (the album) at the bookstore and grabbed a copy. More good stuff! I'm not quite ready to rank it with the rest of their albums. I can say that (as usual) there isn't a bad track on the disc. But it usually takes a month or two of repeated listens for the disc to sink in and find its place.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 23
Wilco and Radiohead are 2 bands that I am always attracted to immediately when they release anything new. They are basically the closest thing to a sure thing these days.

Having said that I am still waiting on the album to arrive- stupid Amazon pre-order. Amazon really sucks these days with shipping times.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 23
u definitely want to see them live....best live rock band going? they are for me!

cover of California Stars is among my all-time favs....

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a listen, my first exposure to Wilco.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 23
I like it but I still am expecting more, from all the hype I heard. I will try to give it another listen without the Tv in the background.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #23 of 23
To be fair, I am sure the band did not intend the album to coincide/ compete with the TV.

My copy finally arrived from Amazon (so much for my pre-order
rolleyes.gif
). I think its great, a slow builder like all their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back