Anyone get ASIO working with Xonar D2X?
Oct 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 64
I'm not too sure actually, I think SRC (Single S) = Secret Rabit

But i've not had a single problem here and it's definately resampling at 192kHz. It was a bit stuttery with ASIO's software buffer though, so make sure you are using the Xonar's Harware Buffer. You can't use creatives ASIO by the way...I don't see whats wrong with ASIO4ALL either because it locks the WAVE volume control in the windows mixer so it's definatly true ASIO. The master volume changes the op-amps voltage I think...either way 50% master volume on the Xonar seems to be about line-level when comparing to a Cambridge Audio CD5.

Regards,
Jonathan

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 64
Ok seem like secret rabbit don't like 192KHZ
frown.gif

But SSRC sure does!
So
Put anything to the min (offset on the buffer hardware, and 0 on other things and 64 samples and so on) is the BEST ?
Also
I am using 192KHZ and TOP, and seem fine, how is it?

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #24 of 64
Sounds identical to ASIO4ALL and if you download this Latency checker then you will realize it uses less resources than ASIO4ALL. As far as settings, Foobar has some settings and they should work for you. BTW, the part about WASAPI needing 4 megs of memory is BS. 32 bit windows doesn't even recognize 4 gigs of memory. Give it a try, cant hurt right? Oh, forgot one thing, the Foobar2000 Buffer Length (output settings) must be 1000 or less, anymore and you will get shuttering.

Free Download Tools

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds identical to ASIO4ALL and if you download this Latency checker then you will realize it uses less resources than ASIO4ALL. As far as settings, Foobar has some settings and they should work for you. BTW, the part about WASAPI needing 4 megs of memory is BS. 32 bit windows doesn't even recognize 4 gigs of memory. Give it a try, cant hurt right? Oh, forgot one thing, the Foobar2000 Buffer Length (output settings) must be 1000 or less, anymore and you will get shuttering.

Free Download Tools

Ok
both seem to give me the same latency.
Not?
And I have said that WASAPI take like 4 mega more of mem.

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #26 of 64
How much memory do you have in your system Headlover?

WASAPI
wasapini9.png

ASIO4ALL
asio4allor5.png

asio4alltp8.png

Looks the same to me.

Question is, do they sound different? Not to me they dont. Any confusion reguarding the WASAPI settings? Not for me. Resource usage looks the same to me. From what I can tell they are the same except ASIO4ALL has some settings that no one seems to know how to set. I have read all the threads, you get alot of different answers as to the settings. What settings do you use for optical instead or USB,,,,Blah, Blah, Blah, with WASAPI, no settings, no problem.

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #27 of 64
After messing with settings back and forth for some time I've come to the conclusion that 16 bit and 44.1khz sound way better than upsampling. Upsampling makes songs sound unnatural. Just use the ASIO that's built in to the drivers at 44.1khz\16 bit and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back