Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Jul 2, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #32 of 150
i went to the 7/1 protest last year... never did so much sweat drip down my butt crack, so never did i touch so many peoples butts(accidentally ofcourse)

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #34 of 150
well hello friends, i am back to HK after a day -_-...from minneapolis to portland to tokyo narita to HK.

i think its a good thing for us to show the hk people's massive influence to the government and the society. we know what we want, we know the government is crappy especially the idiot tung chi wa. we know the stupid communists want to take away what we have and brainwash us. well at least now we have done something to tell them we are not happy...

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #35 of 150
oh man.... whenever my family gets together all my grandpa, uncles, dad talks about is how much of a ****** mr tung is.... and in my experience travelling in hong kong, you can get a full update of the political situation by riding the taxis, them drivers know so much and have so much to say about the SAR gov't, my bro told me from HK that there were 530,000 this year(ofcourse the commies knocks down the number a couple notches)

Jul 3, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #36 of 150
The drivers locked themself inside the cab and listen the radio all the day, so they are the most updated group.

Actually, we are brainwashing the communist too. When more mainland guys visit Hong Kong, they will discover they are lacking something :x

Jul 4, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #37 of 150
ok I'm coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Will bring: Etymotics ER-4P, Senn HD580, Creative Nomad Zen, Emmeline XP-7 (Gino lent it to me) and my rusty old Porta Corda

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 5, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #38 of 150
I'm interested if its a one day affair sometime after the 15th of august.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be back to visit family and friends.

It looks like you guys have the MS-Pros and Grado HP-1 already. Still need me to bring mine over? (If its not absolutely needed, I'd rather not. Hong Kong moisture is terrible for electronics.
tongue.gif
) Any other gear you guys specifically want to hear?

Jul 6, 2004 at 11:01 AM Post #39 of 150
Just found this thread. Sorry. I am good end July (e.g., 24th) or August 21st. If you want to meet between that time, you perhaps Joe can host it at PolyU.

I sold my Cosmic Reference, but now have a XP-7. I also have a KGSS to drive the Omega II's right now (though I might have a loose connection on the right driver).

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #40 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgino
Just found this thread. Sorry. I am good end July (e.g., 24th) or August 21st. If you want to meet between that time, you perhaps Joe can host it at PolyU.

Thank for the info, Gino. You have the "dream gear" most of us would like to hear, so I recommend to postpone the meeting till the end of August: a weekend of 28. - 29. should be OK. What do you guys think?

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #41 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleBlayde
I'm interested if its a one day affair sometime after the 15th of august.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be back to visit family and friends.

It looks like you guys have the MS-Pros and Grado HP-1 already. Still need me to bring mine over? (If its not absolutely needed, I'd rather not. Hong Kong moisture is terrible for electronics.
tongue.gif
) Any other gear you guys specifically want to hear?

Do you have AKG K-1000's? We can still make a short mini-meet on that day.
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #42 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Do you have AKG K-1000's? We can still make a short mini-meet on that day.
tongue.gif

Well as long is towards the end of august, I'm fine.

And yes, the K1000 is mine. However, they're on semi-permanent loan along with the other stuff in my profile marked "AWOL".
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 9:36 AM Post #43 of 150
I'm back! Thanks Gino, Permonic and all for the help. I'll update the thread as soon as I get rid of my diarrhoea and fever.....
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #45 of 150
Yeah, I am. Are you still in HK after July?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back