Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Jun 22, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 150
Tiberian, maybe I'll talk with you later about this. Gino has two dates suitable for him, and we thought that the later we have the meet the more people will come. But I'd be very sad if I couldn't see you....I'll talk to you in private, OK?

BTW What happened to your CD3000's? Your info said they broke?

Jun 22, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #18 of 150
I wouldn't be bringing all of my CDs....haha.....but my favourites and stuff you'd be interested in, also my computer (coz my soundcards there). I'll also bring a friend of mine who is totally SICK, he's only 17 yrs old and has a few thousands of CDs, mostly electronica, rock and rap (no metal unfortunately), I'll MAKE him come.....even though he's no audiophile. He's a real fun to talk to too, he'd crack you up in seconds...
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #19 of 150
i want to check out the E-MU as well...consider all the hype in here. heh. hopefully it won't give my apogee DAC a run for its money, i paid 1050 usd for it.
don't know if i can bring my benchmark as well because its quite large, but it represents a different sound. apogee DAC is warm and smooth but benchmark is bright and gives you lots of detail. i think a grace/headroom max will be good for the apogee. benchmark + xp-7 = nice balance.
btw i will try to grab a bunch of japanese OSTs, some of the songs are really cool and i think you will like them...鳥の詩 (torinoshi) & 青空 (aozora) from the game 'air', a bunch of sad and depressing songs from 'kanon'...wow. too bad my japanese is crap.

Jun 29, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #21 of 150
Hi Yuen! I've been settling at my summer job so didn't have time for internet. Bump! Please join us!!

Jun 29, 2004 at 7:38 AM Post #23 of 150
Haha I'm at work now, but I've been slacking anyways....

Its not just because of my job, but mostly because my home computer's new motherboard burnt when I installed it, obviously it shortcircuited because there were some pins underneath it and the fittings were inapt. I'm waiting for a new one, luckly the company granted to give me a new one even tho it's my fault
rolleyes.gif

Even more happy a thing is that nothing else broke down, I was happy to hear my E-MU still functioning yesterday when I installed my old motherboard back.......

Jun 29, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #25 of 150
An MSI 865GM2 Red mobo, I know it isn't really top of the league but I don't need a really fast computer, as long as it gets its job done....

Jun 29, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #26 of 150
Count me in
smily_headphones1.gif

I will bring the ER4S, Sony vintage discman D-Z555, LC-King Heaphone amp designed by David Lin in Taiwan (using OPA627 and holoc resistor, I dunno how good are they, but my friend who build this for me said they are among the elite group). Maybe I can ask him to lend me his DAC too.

Nice to have a meeting in PolyU.
Actually I study there, but never met Prof. Gino (Should be Prof. Yu in Chinese) before since I'm not in his department, but in same faculty
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #27 of 150
lojay: i am leaving minneapolis tomorrow morning and should be back to HK friday night, see you later.
finalized rig list : benchmark dac-1, etys, nomad zen nx, echo indigo dj, xp-7 with ad797, headphile xrs.

Jul 1, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #28 of 150
See you on friday then
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #30 of 150
nah, today's 1/7, HK's public holiday for the handover, remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back