Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Jun 19, 2004 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 150

lojay

1000+ Head-Fier
[size=medium]Postponed?![/size]

[size=large]Current plans:
At Polytechnic University,
LATE-August - Early Sept.
[/size]

The Other Late August Meet
Here's a link to the Chinese HK forums. You'll find another meet on 29th August by Mingo.

Our Original Poly U Meet
I'm not sure if Gino or Permonic wants to organize another one in Poly. If you haven't noticed, most of the head-fi'ers who posted here, especially those from abroad, have joined one of the two meets organized earlier this month. I suppose the original planning where we thought that we could squeeze everyone into one meet is quite impossible.

Anyhow, I hope those Chinese head-fi'ers who have already joined our previous meets find our meets both enjoyable and helpful.

The Poly U meet is under progress. Not sure if it'll be postponed, or maybe cancelled. Please wait til we update this thread, which will hopefully be around a few days.

Jun 19, 2004 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 150
^ Bump because I replied in an old thread which overlapped this one....sorry!

Jun 20, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 150
i am in HK right now, but will be leaving june 30th back to dallas, and i will be coming again on june 27th i think, perhaps at the end of july?

Jun 20, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 150
Most probably end of July, 'coz it seems that it'll take a while for this meet to mature. We'll see with Permonic as he checks with his contacts tomorrow. Tiberian and I are also free on end of July (I assume).

Welcome onboard!
k1000smile.gif

Jun 21, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #7 of 150
Prof. Gino said his labs open for the meet on mid - August, if you can make it or otherwise, be sure to post here!

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 150
Obviously somewhere in the Polytechnic University....tell you when I find out.

Updates; list of interested members on first post!

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 150
The middle of August would be Ok. Gino, please could you confirm the place and the date?

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 150
Hey Jason, the MS Pro's aren't in my hands yet, however I am gonna buy them from Shang-Ti soon. I definitely would like them to be at the meet.
tongue.gif

Yes, I can bring MS-2's, two SR-80's, Headsave PPA, Headsave Mint and my laptop setup with M-Audio Transit and Sonica.

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #12 of 150
Yes I know that, I'll make that clearer now...

So people please tell me if what's on the list all you want to bring, I'll ammend it asap, and as more people come and join, I'd change the layout to a more *precise* and readable format, just having a bit fun for now....hehe.

So please open up and tell us what you're bringing, so I could confirm what to put on the list, thank you!

Thanks to both Permonic and Gino for making this possible!

Jun 22, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 150
if i do come i will bring my sr 225, etys(though no one will use them, i don't want your yellow stuff), the xin superdual), and either a ray samuel sr 71 or the larroco PR(if i don't sell it yet)

is hte polytechnic U the one in shim sha shui? (i am not too familiar with HK)

Jun 22, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 150
I will be staying in hong kong for several days during august, not sure of the dates yet, but probably august 10th-14th-ish.

Now a shanghai meet would be another story
smily_headphones1.gif

Please don't put me on the "confirmed list" yet, right now it's just a maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back