Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Aug 8, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #136 of 150
any of you fellas know where i can get the e5c for the cheapest?

at 16th floor MK i can talk down to 3300, if it was a female probably down another hundred or so

but that's still like 412 US

ebay sells the cheapest for 359, but i have no patience..

i thought hong kong have cheaper stuff than elsewhere?

take care

Aug 8, 2004 at 1:27 PM Post #137 of 150
afaik, Tat Fat Basement is selling E5 (yes, not E5c) @ $3180, and you may get the price down to $3100 i hope.

Aug 9, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #138 of 150
Ahoy mateys!

Flight to Hong Kong in two hours.
smily_headphones1.gif
Cant wait to catch up with family and friends. So yeah, I'll be avaiable to come to the meet if nothing is planned on the date that you guys arrange it for. Seeing as how Gino has the HP-1's, I dont need to bring mine and instead lent them out to the Seattle meet. The MS-Pros ... well, wood doesnt do so good in Hong Kong.
tongue.gif
So no gear, but thats okay, I'll just listen and talk.
wink.gif

Oh, the other gear in my profile is unavailable, so no shows for those either.
frown.gif
Cept for maybe the Onkyo, I'll see about that one later.

Aug 11, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #139 of 150
Huh? Reading the above I thought the meet is over. Is it over or not? Sorry guys I've been in project hell these last few weeks (still am) and didn't even log onto head-fi, much less notice when you guys are finally going to meet.
redface.gif
So are we still having meet(s)? Er when? ^^"

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 11, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #141 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
there were 2 mini meets and headfiers in HK are now waiting for the real meet.

Yup, I hope for 100% that we will meet in the end of August.
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #142 of 150
Time's running up, I guess we should start planning now.....

biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #144 of 150
I've been out of town, also busy with work. The main reason is that my source is still in the shop (AudioXtension). If you guys bring sources, etc., I don't mind making my amps and headphones available. Perhaps we can combine. I think Mingo is organizing a meet on the 28th or 29th.

Aug 21, 2004 at 10:53 AM Post #145 of 150
Hello!!

I know this is abit off topic, but I'm relatively new to this headphone / amp business and would like some advice about shopping and where to find things.

1. Where can I find Beyer cans in HK??
2. What about amps - where can I find a good selection of stuff in HK?? All I've seen are the Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 amp and some Audio-Technicas.

I would like to join you guys some day, but I don't think I know enough yet compared to you people!!

Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #146 of 150
Quote:

mcgino I've been out of town, also busy with work. The main reason is that my source is still in the shop (AudioXtension). If you guys bring sources, etc., I don't mind making my amps and headphones available. Perhaps we can combine. I think Mingo is organizing a meet on the 28th or 29th.

I guess its all up to you Gino, I think we can postpone the meet.

Sorry for the sluggishness in updates. I've updated the thread for a heads up to all, and here it goes:

Quote:

Current plans:

At Polytechnic University,
LATE-August - Early Sept.

The Other Late August Meet
Here's a link to the Chinese HK forums. You'll find another meet on 29th August by Mingo.

Our Original Poly U Meet
I'm not sure if Gino or Permonic wants to organize another one in Poly. If you haven't noticed, most of the head-fi'ers who posted here, especially those from abroad, have joined one of the two meets organized earlier this month. I suppose the original planning where we thought that we could squeeze everyone into one meet is quite impossible.

Anyhow, I hope those Chinese head-fi'ers who have already joined our previous meets find our meets both enjoyable and helpful.

The Poly U meet is under progress. Not sure if it'll be postponed, or maybe cancelled. Please wait til we update this thread, which will hopefully be around a few days.

BTW, Jubei, I suppose its quite hard to find Beyer cans in HK. I haven't seen them before. But it is a very common phone brand in Mainland China, so if you have time, you can post your requests on a Chinese headphone forum. (I suppose you know how to read Chinese)

And yes, there's not much of an assortment of headphone goodies in HK, amps are usually sold in their respective showrooms, such as ASL's in Shum Shui Po. Honestly, I'd buy these stuff overseas as HK's import of Western (NOT Japanese) amps, source and headphones is expensive, not just limited in selection.

Aug 25, 2004 at 1:25 PM Post #147 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
BTW, Jubei, I suppose its quite hard to find Beyer cans in HK. I haven't seen them before. But it is a very common phone brand in Mainland China, so if you have time, you can post your requests on a Chinese headphone forum. (I suppose you know how to read Chinese)

And yes, there's not much of an assortment of headphone goodies in HK, amps are usually sold in their respective showrooms, such as ASL's in Shum Shui Po. Honestly, I'd buy these stuff overseas as HK's import of Western (NOT Japanese) amps, source and headphones is expensive, not just limited in selection.

Thanks. Will try Shum Shui Po, when I have time.
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #148 of 150
Ah....don't expect the headphone and headphone amps to be easily spotted in Shum Shui Po though. There are tons of other shops, mostly non hifi electronics and camera shops around, and a huge "flea market" in the middle of the road. Its total chaos. In fact, even I found diffilculties in finding the headphone related products other than the ASL showroom. Could anyone give specific instructions?

Aug 30, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #149 of 150
Dude this thread is gathering dust...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back