Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Aug 3, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #121 of 150
Hey space for one more?

I'll have my meager E2c's and D66 Eggos to offer, but mainly I'll be appreciating all the ging equipment (and their respective ging owners) that'll be there
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. could someone PM me their mobile phone number just incase I get lost?

Aug 3, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #122 of 150
you are welcome to join in, just meet downstairs at exit D, i'd give you my cell but i don't know the number(lojay does though)

Aug 3, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #123 of 150
Quote:

woohoo jason called my cellphone! sorry jas, i was eatin dinner so i was rushing the conversation, hope you can make it tommorow, call me anytime!

No problem man! I was a little perplexed coz on my cell phone I didn't hear you clearly. Anyways my friend isn't coming, oh well....

So how about dinner? We all going to TST for dinner after the meet or split up? I'm asking coz my dad's on a trip and my mom's alone at home, it'd be better if I can join her (even if it means dinner at 9:30 or smth)

But still (of course) I'd be glad to dine with you guys, more time to chat!

Aug 3, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #124 of 150
i don't really care, just meet up at 6:45 and we'll do it to it from there
280smile.gif

Aug 3, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #125 of 150
Haha this'll be the second meet in a week! (half a week to be exact)

Aug 4, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #126 of 150
Back from the meet.....sorry if you guys thought it was a flop, haha.
We can meet afterwards, that is if you still wanna see me or my stuff.

[note there are 3 or more meets this month, this one was more of a get together meet, the next one's on end of August.]

Aug 4, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #127 of 150
no it wasnt a flop, at least we could all meet as last!
wink.gif

it seems we have chosen a bad day for meeting, it was raining like dogs and cats afterward! and the time is too short i think, we are unable to chat and listen enough... yet, the place is nice, except we cant find enough sockets..

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #128 of 150
maybe we should exchange contacts

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #130 of 150
It was pretty fun, nice to finally meet headfi ppl and experience relatively higher levels of fidelity. Cant wait for the bigger meets. I especially want to try Ety's more, because they're probably my most likely candidate for an upgrade.

Also next time perhaps we should meet earlier so we can tour around the hard to reach hifi stores.

Aug 5, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #132 of 150
hi all! head fi noob here and just finally got authorised to post, so here are a few noob questions

I tried to go to the basement shops in Mong Kok yesterday morning but they were all closed?? can anyone tell me what time they open?

just got some E2c's yesterday but found the plugs a bit big to fit comfortably is it possible to get even smaller sleeves?

where can i get Grados S60 in HK??

and finally i have a set of old sony D55s is it possible to get the pads repaired ?

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #133 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by fugu
hi all! head fi noob here and just finally got authorised to post, so here are a few noob questions

Welcome to Head-fi (and sorry about your wallet).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

I tried to go to the basement shops in Mong Kok yesterday morning but they were all closed?? can anyone tell me what time they open?

10 or 11 am? Not sure, I usually go there in the afternoon/evening....
Quote:

where can i get Grados S60 in HK??

Tat Fat Basement shopping mall, #3rd shop on the left side called Mr. Audio. The guy sells SR-60's for about 650 HKD as I remember.

Otherwise check out this thread for more info about hifi shops in HK.
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #134 of 150
thx!

and yes Head-Fi is evil! haha
Original intent Replace EX70(damaged) with EX71
Joined Head-Fi and got the E2c
rolleyes.gif

Will try the shops again at a later time.. i was there around 10am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back