Anyone fancy a (mini) meet in Hong Kong?
Aug 2, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #106 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by galileo_c
Oh yes, anyone tried M-Audio Sonica before? Found it here selling at HKD490 aka USD60, thinkin if it worths a try.

I have both M-Audio Sonica and Transit here. I can borrow you my Sonica for auditioning if you want.
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 9:35 AM Post #107 of 150
more people the merrier, but just dont' fight over the amp(throwing people down buildings, pushing people into oncoming traffic etc)

hong kong is such a beautiful city, but i like new york/dallas for general living since it's cooler(climate) and more relaxing, HK is way too fast(walking everywhere, so much people)

sirob, think of a place where we can meet

Aug 2, 2004 at 9:51 AM Post #108 of 150
Why not your place?
wink.gif
(yummy seaview)

Aug 2, 2004 at 10:32 AM Post #109 of 150
Perhaps we'll bring you to mongkok for some new headphone first, and find a cozy little place there to chat and listen
280smile.gif
580smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
? There are some nice 2nd floor cafe in Mongkok and TsimShaTsui, We'll just have to make sure that they could provide us an AC power outlet. What do you think?
Anyhow, Galileo may arrange a room somewhere.. that would be our last resort.

Aug 2, 2004 at 12:07 PM Post #110 of 150
if my parents are in the US or china we can come to my place, but with them here it's not such a good idea(lojay i'll bring to up when we meet)

however we might be able to meet in the little rooms in the lobby, unless they are occupied by others

i don't think i will need to buy new headphones(got the 650) but i might buy the at wood clip ons for my bro

whatever you guys want to do is fine with me, just don't stay outside too long(heat makes me cry)

Aug 2, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #111 of 150
okay, we have one planned wednesday at 6:45pm at the tsim sha shui mtr station, exit D, if gali and his crew stands me up, i will also cry

we will go to the pinnacle's lobby(called podium actually), but if it's occupied(almost never) we'll go somewhere else

gali will be wearing a david bowie t shirt, his girlfriend will not be coming(cries)

and i will be wearing a gray polo with khaki shorts(cut with cotton threads hangin down) wearing khaki moccasins, and if you still can't decide if it's me, look for a wet line down a guy's buttcrack, that is my swampass trademark

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #113 of 150
Permonic: I'm gonna try it during the PolyU meet~

chiefroastbeef: No joke, I'm still single XD There's a shop in Tsim Sha Tsui selling M-Audio and other audio products but it's opeating hour is 10-7pm

I will be in PolyU Student Halls of Residence from 8/10 , so if you guys is seeking a place for meeting you can come to my room later. It's also close to PolyU (around 5-15mins walk depends on your speed) that you may come to visit me after the PolyU meet too.

and our last resort will be the hall, hope I dont need to break into gal's room.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #114 of 150
Why at night? Aren't you bored at day Sam?

Ah shucks. I was going to buy a M-Audio Oxygen8 (keyboard) from Tom Lee TST with my friend anyway, mind if I bring him along? He's a cool folk, and he's got more CD's worth of $ than you'd spend on hi-fi for the next 5 years (no kidding).

BTW, what music do you listen to? I've got plenty but from the last meet I could tell when I'm giving people the wrong music.......Hiphop? Jazz? Classic Rock?

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #115 of 150
Becoz sirob need to work at day, that's it :x

You may give www.sonicmusic.com.hk a try, They may have M-Audio's product at cheaper price.. M-Audio Oxygen 8 + Band in a box $ 850
sigh

Classic + Rock + Jazz for me and sirob, we are omnivores...

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #116 of 150
jay, you're coming too on wednesday?
280smile.gif
ofcourse your friend can tag along

i usually listen to rock, some classical, but haven't for a while(played the violin for 8 years)

well, it's pretty damn hot during the day(ex. today was hot as all hell) i usually get up, go down and get a spam n egg noodle, and a steak n egg with hotdog meal, then go back up stairs, go on the computer, listen to music, stare at helicopters passing by, maybe eat lunch, then work out, come back.. do nothing, then eat dinner with parents

anyways gali made the time up, his friend gets off work around 6pm, so 6:45 is most convenient

maybe when you're done with your job and you're free we can hang out during the day lojay

Aug 2, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #117 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by galileo_c
Permonic: I'm gonna try it during the PolyU meet~

Ok, no problem.
Quote:

I will be in PolyU Student Halls of Residence from 8/10 , so if you guys is seeking a place for meeting you can come to my room later. It's also close to PolyU (around 5-15mins walk depends on your speed) that you may come to visit me after the PolyU meet too.

As I remember there's a listening room with piano in 2/F? Is it possible to reserve that room?

Chiefroastbeef: you live in Sheraton?

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #118 of 150
no, the pinnacle service apartments, however i can see the sheraton if i look down

awesome news, my parents are leaving for shanghai on sunday for four days, so if someone wants to meet up we can go up to the apartment

Aug 3, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #119 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Ok, no problem.

As I remember there's a listening room with piano in 2/F? Is it possible to reserve that room?

Thx.

I will try to arrange it.

Aug 3, 2004 at 11:01 AM Post #120 of 150
woohoo jason called my cellphone! sorry jas, i was eatin dinner so i was rushing the conversation, hope you can make it tommorow, call me anytime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back