Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs?
Jan 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #46 of 87
Quote:
all of those work on the newer standard implemented by apple. so it will work on s3. for older devices and sony mobiles an adapter will be needed - omtp to ctia i believe. i ordered an adapter from mp4nation just to have it. didn't arrive yet.

No, the standard implemented by Apple only works on iDevices and Macs, since it uses a licensed chip. The part that is the same on smartphones nowadays is the TRRS pinout, so you get audio but only Apple devices can receive the control signals from the remote.

Phones that need an adapter to get audio properly as well are Nokia phones (before Windows Phone, at least), earlier Sony Ericsson smartphones and a few others made until about 2010.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #49 of 87
Sadly, no. All I got today was a text from my voicemail saying that a number registered to the parent company of Degauss had called without leaving a message. It's almost a week since I ordered, so I suppose that means they wanted to tell me that someone fumbled the order but that it has been taken care of now.

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #50 of 87
i really was a little busy and didn't get to call the shops, i hope i will find my time tomorrow and remember to do so. 

i found this in the meantime: 
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1544706
so i guess the controls will work on s3 except the volume. which i don't even care about. i hope.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #51 of 87
My headphones (500vi) have been posted via airmail from hk today. 

I also called the shops about the degauss and none of them have it in stock. So i must place a preorder, and see if i want to wait for it to get imported... 

Any more news about these headphones?

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #52 of 87
Yes. It appears that they wanted to tell me that they won't have any white Dual Drivers for Android available until the second half of February. I decided to wait for that, and didn't ask about the other versions.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #53 of 87
Quote:
Yes. It appears that they wanted to tell me that they won't have any white Dual Drivers for Android available until the second half of February. I decided to wait for that, and didn't ask about the other versions.

Sorry to hear. I might just go for the black ones or the Nocs, I can't wait till february. You order direct from Sweden, right? I asked someone who has them according to the forum, so he might bring light to this subject.

Edit: You think I could order both and keep the one I like more (as in send it back for refund)? xD

Edit2: I found this store's site where there are reviews in Swedish. I understand most of it but thought you all could make use of this. http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?o=1107269

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #54 of 87
Hi, i'm the guy who owns a pair of those Dual-drivers.
My source is a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

First of all, my English ain't great, so bear with me.

I like those little in-ears, they got, to my ears, a great soundstage with nice treble and good mids. There might be a slight lack of bass. But i'm not a basshead so i ain't concerned about that.

I'm from Sweden so i can translate some of the reviews from the pricecomparing site.

The first one "AndreaL" says that the dual drivers fits her ears perfect and got a huge oundstage. But she aint very experienced with this kind of stuff.

The second one says about the samething, except the fit part. He says the in earphones doesn't realy fit his ears, but he also mentions "not every ears i the same"

The two other guys also mentions the great soundstage and some dude in a store told him the burn in time is approximately 160h. But the reviewer thought it sounded great out of the box.

I hope this gave you a little light to the subject!

//
Hennnkee

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #55 of 87
Thanks for your impressions. Sounds like they are good enough that I can keep waiting to give them a try instead of ordering something else.

I saw WHAT HI-FI has a review of SPKRS, the cheapest IEMs from Degauss, giving them 3/5 with the conclusion that they had an impressive sense of scale that was ruined by overpowering bass.

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #56 of 87
Quote:
Thanks for your impressions. Sounds like they are good enough that I can keep waiting to give them a try instead of ordering something else.

I saw WHAT HI-FI has a review of SPKRS, the cheapest IEMs from Degauss, giving them 3/5 with the conclusion that they had an impressive sense of scale that was ruined by overpowering bass.

Any sign of the Dual Drivers yet? Eagerly waiting... :) I might upgrade or just buy them after these brake down if they fit my liking...

May 22, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #57 of 87
Hey,

I'm currently in Stockholm for internship, and yea I've seen them around in a couple of stores, but can someone point me to where I can try them out? I lost my TF10s in Finland a month ago and looking for a less expensive pair to use in the mean time!

May 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #58 of 87
You can try them out at Best Sound close to subway station Odenplan. I think they have a website as well to check out the exact address.

They are available at Reference Audio which are located near subway station Medborgarplatsen.
http://www.referenceaudio.se

Please let us know what you think of them.

May 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #59 of 87
I'll probably be able to head tor reference audio today after work, my work place is pretty close to reference audio (I've been there on my quest, but they were too busy at that time), do you have any idea where I might be able to find the NOCS monitor for testing? Or any other shops with a better range of IEMs for testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back