Anyone ever own/hear Future Sonics (dynamic customs)?
May 27, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 44
Did they give you any indication about sonic differences over the previous drivers?

May 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 44
here is the email I got from David Gray @ Futuresonics

REPLIED EMAIL:
Hope all is well & thanks for reaching out…
There has absolutely been Build Quality revisions on the next run of Atrios®, which also includes an Update of our 10mm Proprietary Dynamic Driver.
Every time FS goes back to the drawing board to make positive improvements to their 10mm & 13mm mg™ Driver lines we always update the model so everyone is aware that it’s a new run as well as to help date the driver update for FS.

I must say…
I never want to see too many Sonic changes when updating FS Driver Models as I truly believe we already have an unbelievable Audio Signature that Clients have come to know & love us for.
However w/ the new mg7™ 10mm Dynamic Driver from FS you can expect to see a little more headroom as well as a bit more High-end Freq. Response.

I do not believe this will be a Version 3.
I believe, other than updated sustainable packaging in the future, that the next run of Atrios® will release solely w/ the new mg7™ & improved Build Quality w/ no major announcement. However, I also do not control Marketing or PR here, so I could be wrong.

Any questions please feel free to give a holler…

Thanks,
David Gray
Director of Client Services

FUTURE SONICS INC.
416 Green Ln., Suite #2
Bristol, PA 19007
215-826-8826
877-FSI-EARS (374-3277)
grayd@futuresonics.com
www.futuresonics.com

May 28, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #22 of 44

I would venture to guess that the difference between the MG6 and the MG7 is size - the Atrio universals use 10mm drivers, while the "Ear Monitors" customs use 13mm.  Just a guess, though.

Quote:
higher # doesn't necessarily mean better, maybe it's just even for customs and odd for universals :D

Quote:
nice going cn11, this is the first thing I did when I saw the NEW MG7 drivers on Atrios page, I immediately sent an email out to futuresonics about availability,sonic signature and why the custom monitors have MG6 instead of MG7 isn't higher numbers means more progress made, lets see what they have to say

May 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #25 of 44
You know, I'm pretty sure there is an Atrio appreciation thread, but a cursory search is not bringing it up.  Hmm.

May 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #26 of 44
lolol +1...

Quote:
So, has anyone on head-fi ever reviewed any version of these?

Has anyone ever anywhere reviewed any version of these?

My google-fu is weak, please help.

I do remember from what I've read before that the Atrios generally have quite positive reviews for the price range... mm

Quote:
You know, I'm pretty sure there is an Atrio appreciation thread, but a cursory search is not bringing it up.  Hmm.

May 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #29 of 44

Quote:
Can we bribe cn11 into picking up a pair of the new mg7-driven customs?

Sure, bribes would be entertained! 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back