Anyone else waiting on the Outlaw Audio 950?
Mar 14, 2002 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Wondering if any other home theater fans on Head-fi are also looking forward to its release. Looks like the wait may finally be over (though, especially in this case, you never know
rolleyes.gif
) : http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=56590

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm waiting also. Currently using an Outlaw 1050 and my Adcom monoblocks fro the front R & L. I'm not in any hurry since I am still looking for another amp for C and RS and LS. I probably won't be getting my email for a while since I didn't get on the reservation list until January.

Mar 14, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by morphsci
I probably won't be getting my email for a while since I didn't get on the reservation list until January.

Consider yourself lucky. I just got on the list a few weeks ago. Oh well, I can't really make use of it right now either, as I don't have my HT stuff at school. Hopefully I'll get the email by middle or late May. How do you like the 1050?

Mar 15, 2002 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 10
I have just converted over my LR system to primarily HT. The Outlaw replaces my Adcom GFP-565. It is amazing how close the noise floor is on the Outlaw to the GFP-565. I auditioned an Adcom GTP-750 and it did not sound any better than the Outlaw receiver, had no 5.1 direct inputs and cost over 2x the price. Needless to say it went back. I then bought an Adcom GTP-500II as a temporary fix and it was very noisy and generated some terrible hum. I then bought the Outlaw and am content waiting for the 950. I think the 1050 is one hell of an audio bargain. I still use my Adcom GFA-565 monoblocks for the fronts and let the Outlaw handle center and surround. I bought mine used for $399. It was only 6 months old and the warranty is totally transferrable. I'm pretty happy
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 10
I'be been on the waiting list since Outlaw started taking reservations for the 950. It's like the carrot on a string, so close, yet you never reach it...

Mar 16, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 10
I just got the e-mail from Outlaw Audio. I've got an ordering window in 10 days. I can place my order for the 950 between 3/25 and 3/27. If I miss the window, I go to the back of the wait list. Strange way to do it...

Mar 16, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 10
Wow, I can't believe they're finally being released.
tongue.gif

Any chance you'll post a review for those of us a bit farther down the list?

Mar 16, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I just got the e-mail from Outlaw Audio. I've got an ordering window in 10 days. I can place my order for the 950 between 3/25 and 3/27. If I miss the window, I go to the back of the wait list. Strange way to do it...

I guess it's time to start counting those pennies!
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 10
morphsci, when you (eventually) get your 950, will you do a comparison of the 950 + whatever amp you have w/ the 1050? I'm curious if there's going to be a worthwhile improvement going the separates route for HT, at least at that price range.

Mar 16, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
Wow, I can't believe they're finally being released.
tongue.gif

Any chance you'll post a review for those of us a bit farther down the list?

It will probably be a week to ten days after the order before they ship, so there's still a good three weeks before I'm likely to have the unit, even if all goes well. I think I could manage a bit of a review, if I can tear myself away from the DVD collection
biggrin.gif

My reservation confirmation was dated approximately two minutes after they first started taking reservations. I do want this unit, and it's been a long wait
biggrin.gif

The big question is whether I switch over my existing 5.1 channel setup, or add two more speakers (which I already have, along with a spare amp, even if I don't have a place to put them) and go for 7.1... Oh the temptation....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back