Anyone else using a PDA?
Jan 7, 2002 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Buddha

100+ Head-Fier
After some significant deliberation I came to the conclusion that the best mp3 player option for me was the Casio E-125 PDA.

It certainly is an a amazing piece of engineering, and the headphone socket sounds surprisingly good.

It even does Doom, Quake and Divx ... in 65,536 colours..
tongue.gif

Anyone else using a PDA?

Jan 7, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 34
Palm m505 here...

Well, nothing else was available in my area at the time, and this thing is the maximum size I'll take. It's more than adequate for my purposes, but if Apple by any chance comes out with a good product I'll be very happy to switch.

Edit - oops, so are we supposed to only talk about PDAs with music playback?
mad.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 34
There is indeed a rumour regarding the imminent release of an Apple PDA...
eek.gif
...guess its a logical follow up to the pod.

The one that got me interested in PDAs in general was a sub notebook Fuji Lifebook with optical out and dolby headphone...
Hmmmn maybe the next upgrade...

I better start saving for a microdrive...

Jan 7, 2002 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 34
I've got a Visor with a 64Mb Sounds Good MP3 module in the slot on back. I had a Palm Pilot pro for a couple of years that was stolen, and got the Visor deluxe as a replacement. My wife got the MP3 module for me for Christmas last year, the dang thing cost more than the Visor did!

The sound is decent out of it, but I don't expect much. I experimented awhile with different MP3 bitrates, and decided on 96k as the best compromise between acceptable sound with earbuds and storage capacity (typically 18-20 songs).

-Keith

Jan 7, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 34
My ultimate PDA was the Compaq iPaq... with a cheap 256 meg CF card, I had about four hours of mp3s on it. I think Palm is going out of business soon... CEO quits, new OS, adopting competetors CPU, low-end market product = bad signs.
It would be nice to see Apple back in the PDA biz as they really started the whole thing.

Jan 7, 2002 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 34
I just switched to the iPaq 3835 after many years as a Palm user (Vx w/ accessories for sale if anyone is interested).

The iPaq, combined with several CF memory cards and/or an 802.11 card have served me well (in the two weeks I've had it
wink.gif
)

Jan 7, 2002 at 4:39 PM Post #9 of 34
SWS,
I will PM you about the Palm. I'm looking for something more battery efficient for the next two years.

Jan 7, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 34
I have a regular Handspring Visor, basically the same as a Palm III but with an expansion slot. I use it as a datebook/phone number holder.

Jan 7, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 34
I have the HP Jornada 525. Not a bad little organiser.

My problem is that even though i have 32mb flash card in it, I can't get the Microsoft Media Player to play the MP3's from the card. There's probably an easy way but if there is, I certainly haven't found it yet
mad.gif

Good listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 6:32 PM Post #14 of 34
Make sure you create a My Documents directory on the card and put the mp3/wma files in there.

Quote:

Originally posted by KeVlaR
My problem is that even though i have 32mb flash card in it, I can't get the Microsoft Media Player to play the MP3's from the card.

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:17 PM Post #15 of 34
off topic:

Trace -didn't think you would put up that picture again considering how much the crowd here shouts about "crappy cans" and stuff.
wink.gif
I am new to this so my opinion is they're at least good looking
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back