Anyone else receive their HF-1's?
Sep 20, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 240
No, HF-1s aren't basshead cans. I'm just contemplating cutting back some on my head-fi assets
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 240
The sound signature is very similar. But I did a test this morning, and the HF1s go NOWHERE near as low as the PS1s, at least this early in the breakin stage. It's easily down 20db at 10hz from the PS1s. But still very nice and musical.

I'd say tho, don't take my selling the PS1s as saying the HF1s are as good. Rather, I'm getting saner about what's good enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
The sound signature is very similar. But I did a test this morning, and the HF1s go NOWHERE near as low as the PS1s, at least this early in the breakin stage. It's easily down 20db at 10hz from the PS1s. But still very nice and musical.

The HF-1 does roll off the bottom, very much like the SR-225. It is richer and more musical than the SR-225. It doesn't have the crispness and most importantly the soundstage that the RS-1 has, but it's a very enjoyable listen. Nice midrange especially.

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #20 of 240
Quote:

I'd say tho, don't take my selling the PS1s as saying the HF1s are as good. Rather, I'm getting saner about what's good enough
smily_headphones1.gif

holy somke..you can hear 10hz!!!?? I thought only elephants can do that...

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 240
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Grawk, the elephant man discovered!!!
eek.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #23 of 240
Quote:

Download test tones and try it some time. Hear, feel, experience, whatever, it's definitely something I can identify.

wow..I don't get anything at 25hz. 325i or HF1....Rs1 has more bass than 325i....the kind you can feel? but how? If 30hz is in your stomach, 10hz must be somewhere below the knee...
k1000smile.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #24 of 240
I just got my HF-1s (#17) today. I'm in Canada so it took a bit longer for them to get here.

First impressions: They look better in person than in the photos. The sound is definitely more uniform than the SR-225 I used to have, with deeper and cleaner bass than I remember the 225s having. (I'm using reversed bowls.) They still have the Grado family sound, which is great for voices but leads to an overemphasis on strings in classical music. I need to spend more time with them before giving any definitive impressions.

Edit: also, someone previously commented that the plastic molding on their pair had a cosmetic flaw at the base of each cup where it looks like extra plastic ("flash") was trimmed away with a utility knife. Mine are the same way. Grado needs to keep their plastic injection molds cleaner.

Sep 20, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #25 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
wow..I don't get anything at 25hz. 325i or HF1....Rs1 has more bass than 325i....the kind you can feel? but how? If 30hz is in your stomach, 10hz must be somewhere below the knee...
k1000smile.gif

10hz and some "ball" pads...you'll never know what hit you.

Sep 21, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #27 of 240
Quote:

LMAO
icon10.gif
the 225's lowest rated frequency is only 20hz, and 12hz on the rs-1......10hz on the hf-1...man that's a true RS-3!

Sep 21, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #29 of 240
Quote:

Dogs can also hear that low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back