Anyone else receive their HF-1's?
Sep 29, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #226 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Yeah they definately are something special aren't they. Now that I think about it these sound a lot like I remember the RS2's sounding.
eek.gif

They sound a LOT like the RS-1's I owned!
eek.gif
Probably a little more up front though, which I believe the RS-2 sounds like.

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #227 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
They sound a LOT like the RS-1's I owned!
eek.gif
Probably a little more up front though, which I believe the RS-2 sounds like.

Whoah! Easy there... I was hoping these would postpone my (almost inevitable) upgrado to RS-1/2, spawned by the purchase of the 225. But to just settle with these? That would be something! Maybe...

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #228 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by McRat
Whoah! Easy there... I was hoping these would postpone my (almost inevitable) upgrado to RS-1/2, spawned by the purchase of the 225. But to just settle with these? That would be something! Maybe...

Hard to say - the HF1 is more enjoyable than what I remember of the RS2 (however the signature of the two is very very close), but I'm using them with a much better amp: Singlepower SDS -> HF1 vs 1997 Headroom Max -> RS2

I will have a nice new RS1 arriving in a week or two, so stay tuned...
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #229 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Looking forward to that interview
biggrin.gif

Holy Moly these were made for acoustic guitar!!! I'm listening to Adrian Legg as I type. Mids are soo smooth and dynamic... sounds like a guitar should. thoroughly STOMPS my beloved MS2
eek.gif
eek.gif

Garrett

Adrian Legg thru a Trace Elliot Amp - now that's synergy hehe. Thru a HF-1? Man I can't wait!

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #230 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by McRat

A couple RS-1 owners who have HF-1's still say there is a bit more soundstage and depth with the RS-1. But what it does have is a similar sound signature with the big/warmer/impactful bass range, unbelievably good midrange and the smoother treble of the RS-1 going from my memory of it. It's Grado quickness and fun with fullness, smoothness and depth, something seen more in the RS-1 and 2 as opposed to the Prestige Series.

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #231 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Hard to say - the HF1 is more enjoyable than what I remember of the RS2 (however the signature of the two is very very close), but I'm using them with a much better amp: Singlepower SDS -> HF1 vs 1997 Headroom Max -> RS2

I will have a nice new RS1 arriving in a week or two, so stay tuned...
evil_smiley.gif

Cool, I'll be looking forward to that!

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #232 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
A couple RS-1 owners who have HF-1's still say there is a bit more soundstage and depth with the RS-1. But what it does have is a similar sound signature with the big/warmer/impactful bass range, unbelievably good midrange and the smoother treble of the RS-1 going from my memory of it. It's Grado quickness and fun with fullness, smoothness and depth, something seen more in the RS-1 and 2 as opposed to the Prestige Series.
------
Cool, I'll be looking forward to that!

I would be happy to read mulvelings comparisons!

I have actually restrained myself from reading any impressions about the HF-1 before receiving them, so I haven't seen any such comparisons. As I haven't heard the RS-2 and testing the RS-1 only very briefly with sub-par equipment, I really can't compare them. I do notice the HF-1 treble being easier on the ears than the 225, which really is a good thing for me.

The HF-1 are definately keepers, and I think I will start matching my other components to these. My Sony CDP is already gone and I'm looking for a replacement.

Sep 29, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #233 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
Here's a pic.

DSC00263.JPG

I also picked up that hot girl in the background today
wink.gif

Hey, looks like we're HF-1 neighbors; I have #76
biggrin.gif

I've had mine burning in since monday and they're getting better by the day. Great cans!

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #236 of 240
Cry you may but I still want to know. This is killing me, I really want to call Todd and fine out my number but I just can't! Its exciting and frustrating. Everyday I check to see if my card has been charged! Again, I ordered on the 11th in the morning so I figure I'm in the 100-150 range (but I could be wrong) which means I expect them sometime this or next week (I'm in NJ so usually Todd's shipments take like 2-3 days tops).

Trogdor

Oct 3, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #238 of 240
are people in the low 100s the people that ordered on Sunday Sept 11?

Oct 3, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #239 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz
are people in the low 100s the people that ordered on Sunday Sept 11?

I first called on Saturday morning the 10th. I also tried to follow up by phone the following Tuesday or Wendesday and then placed an order online soon after that. My order was processed from the online transaction but it appears I was given a fairly low number because I called so early. So I suspect that people on Sunday the 11th would be somewhere around the low 100s.

Oct 3, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #240 of 240
I noticed my SR-80's screens started changing color right where my ear hit them when I still had the bowls on. I think it's the pressure pushing the screen into the glue and making it change color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back