anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Nov 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Old thread (and I haven't personally demoed the Crack), but I'd be willing to wager a hundred bucks that the Decware would easily be the favorite in such a matchup.

Bottlehead products are fun to build, affordable, and great for learning the ropes but in my experience (I have built several kits) they typically do not outperform equipment built by dedicated component builders. i.e. Bottlehead products are not "giant killers". They perform well at their price tier, but not much beyond that.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I have not had an opportunity to audition the Bottlehead with or without the Crack option. That would be fun. The Decware is fantastic with the HD650's. Clean, powerful and 3 dimensional. Tube choices are inexpensive (Unless you start getting into Western Electric 274B's then all bets are off!) I have  a $20 Rectifier (Jan Sylvania 5U4G) a $35 Genalex Gold Lion E88CC Driver and 2 stock 6N1P's ($9-$11)....Less than $75 total and the sound is terrific.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Old thread...but, your bet is safe. He Crack is a very nice amp. Fun and winsome
The CSP2+ will show it the way home every time.
Regards,
Hibuck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back