Anybody Watching "The Walking Dead" On AMC?
Feb 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #46 of 169
Talking dead?

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #48 of 169
I enjoyed it earlier on, now I don't really bother to watch it.

There are podcast out there that are far more enthusiast based and both
explore how the TV series compares to the comics.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #49 of 169
Quote:
I enjoyed it earlier on, now I don't really bother to watch it.

There are podcast out there that are far more enthusiast based and both
explore how the TV series compares to the comics.

I kind of enjoyed it when it was thirty-minutes long, but it has recently been made into an hour long show and I just can't watch it anymore...

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #50 of 169
Quote:
I kind of enjoyed it when it was thirty-minutes long, but it has recently been made into an hour long show and I just can't watch it anymore...

Since I don't have anyone to talk about the show with I enjoy watching the Talking Dead as a way getting rid of that "Hey, me too! I know, right?" feeling after watching an interesting episode. About it becoming an hour long now though, I feel like it was better when it was only thirty-minutes long as they condensed it down to the more important stuff that I wanted to hear about, but now they spread it out just a little too much.

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #51 of 169
What is there to talk about with the Walking dead. It´s not really complicated?

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #52 of 169
Quote:

Well I don't think many are looking to find a super detailed or intellectual conversation on the show, but it's the same as just talking about any show you like. Besides, they show previews of the next show sometimes, and I'm too lazy to find one online. :wink:

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #53 of 169
Quote:

You obviously haven't experienced the comic. Which is the overall biggest draw. The host of Talking Dead
isn't just some host, he's an avid fan of the comics and that ties into the show itself.

There's also a ton of underlying morality issues with The Walking Dead, for example, etc.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #54 of 169
I'm not sure if I would want to read the comic now that I'm in the middle of the series on TV, and it seems like a similar case to Game of Thrones.

I love watching the series (can't wait till March 31st), but I'm wondering how much more exciting it would be if I hadn't read the books first, and though Walking Dead isn't at that same level of involvement I don't think I would want to spoil watching it on TV with all of the surprises.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #55 of 169
Quote:
I'm not sure if I would want to read the comic now that I'm in the middle of the series on TV, and it seems like a similar case to Game of Thrones.

I love watching the series (can't wait till March 31st), but I'm wondering how much more exciting it would be if I hadn't read the books first, and though Walking Dead isn't at that same level of involvement I don't think I would want to spoil watching it on TV with all of the surprises.

GOT is pretty consistent with the books, while TWD has veered off from the comics at times. Most notably with some big story lines.

However the TV series has done an exceptional job of capturing a wide audience, where as the comics are really only read by geeks.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #56 of 169
Quote:
GOT is pretty consistent with the books, while TWD has veered off from the comics at times. Most notably with some big story lines.

I wouldn't say Game of Thrones is too consistent with the books (as far as it can be while still being based off of them).

Just to note some of the more lude examples, there are numerous nude scenes they omitted from the series that were in the books (including one of the first of Catelyn Stark), while there are many more that were not in the book that they arbitrarily added to the series (that ungodly-horrible Ros).

There's still countless more examples (not all about sex :p) that I can't remember but do appear when watching and comparing the series and the books.

And lets not start on those dire wolves...

Game of Thrones thread, anyone?

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #60 of 169
If I was Andrea I would kill Philip for sure
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back