Anybody Watching "The Walking Dead" On AMC?
Nov 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 169
Yup, searching for Sofia was getting old...
Quote:
I like this season more with every show...something major has happened in every episode...

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 169
This season has been nothing but enjoyable, however I'm not a fan of The Governor at all. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 169
Quote:
Yeah, what's with that guy (I have no experience with the comics...). Is he just traumatized by the loss of his family, or is he a clone of a Nazi war criminal or something?

Oh, The Governor is a huge part of the comics. But in the series TV show, he's not
at all what The Governor is about. 

This is where I actually hope Merle takes over his role.

As for what's up with him, I'm confused, honestly.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #20 of 169
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, what's with that guy (I have no experience with the comics...). Is he just traumatized by the loss of his family, or is he a clone of a Nazi war criminal or something?

Oh, The Governor is a huge part of the comics. But in the series TV show, he's not
at all what The Governor is about. 

This is where I actually hope Merle takes over his role.

As for what's up with him, I'm confused, honestly.

I think that the governor is going to become a very big character very soon. He's got Glenn and Maggie imprisoned in one part of town, and he's got Andrea in bed in the other part of town with Merle lying to him about what's going on (...not to mention his zombie daughter and the fishtanks!). Times are getting complicated for the governor...

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #21 of 169
Quote:
I think that the governor is going to become a very big character very soon. He's got Glenn and Maggie imprisoned in one part of town, and he's got Andrea in bed in the other part of town with Merle lying to him about what's going on (...not to mention his zombie daughter and the fishtanks!). Times are getting complicated for the governor...

I think there's two sides to the series. 1. Just being a flat out good series, good story, appealing to a large audience. 
and 2. Keeping true to the comic books (in 1 way or another).

As a comic fan, The Governor is weak. As a general fan, his story is still unclear, so you can sort it out in time.

Overall: I've loved the things within the series that have kept with the comics, but I've loved some of things
that are further off and their own story even more.

I am excited to see where the story goes from here on out. With all things you've pointed out, there's bound to be that clash.
But I still feel that Merle is going to takeover the role of Governor.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #22 of 169
Quote:
Quote:
I think there's two sides to the series. 1. Just being a flat out good series, good story, appealing to a large audience. 

and 2. Keeping true to the comic books (in 1 way or another).

As a comic fan, The Governor is weak. As a general fan, his story is still unclear, so you can sort it out in time.

Overall: I've loved the things within the series that have kept with the comics, but I've loved some of things
that are further off and their own story even more.

I am excited to see where the story goes from here on out. With all things you've pointed out, there's bound to be that clash.
But I still feel that Merle is going to takeover the role of Governor.

Yeah, it's a good series...Merle becoming the governor would be an interesting development....

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 169
Quote:
Well the first half of the season is over...no new shows until February. I thought that during this season the show evolved beyond just the "body count." The story has really gotten interesting again...any thoughts?

If there was any doubt about the Governor's state of mind and stability, there's not anymore....Michonne clearly pushed him over the edge. How the brothers will interact will be most fascinating....are they to be set fighting against one another , like the last fight we saw in that location, or will they have to fight someone else, be it walkers or some of the Gov's other goons?

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #25 of 169
How are you guy's liking the Governor? 

I thought the first half of this season was done really well. I especially like how Carl has become a man and now his character has more depth
(like in the comic books), I also agree with this season moving beyond just the "body count". I can't stand the Gov and feel his character
has been a huge let down. So much for Merle taking over....

I'd give this first half of the season a strong 9/10. Very pleased throughout.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #26 of 169
Quote:
How are you guy's liking the Governor? 

I thought the first half of this season was done really well. I especially like how Carl has become a man and now his character has more depth
(like in the comic books), I also agree with this season moving beyond just the "body count". I can't stand the Gov and feel his character
has been a huge let down. So much for Merle taking over....

I'd give this first half of the season a strong 9/10. Very pleased throughout.

The Governor is taking a seriously evil turn. When is Andrea going to wake-up? No show tonight!

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 169
I'm hoping they get him to some foundations of who he is in the comic books. I'll tell you that I honestly don't want to see Merle as a good guy with the rest of the group. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

And no show until what..February? I kind of like having these 2-3 month hiatus. It almost feels like TWD is on year-roundish. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 169
I really enjoyed the last few episodes. 

Andrea has to be the character I dislike the most. I just can't get behind her decisions and reasoning. 
Reminds me of how annoying Skyler is in breaking bad haha

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #30 of 169
Quote:
The second part of the season is right around the corner...I think.

Thanks for the reminder. Early Feb. Very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back