Anybody Watching "The Walking Dead" On AMC?
Feb 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #32 of 169
I started to watch this as of late. Gone through season one and two and 4 episodes of season 3. I seem to be totally backwards because I like season 2 the best and season 3 the least.

It´s just getting more and more a splatter festival.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #33 of 169
Quote:
I started to watch this as of late. Gone through season one and two and 4 episodes of season 3. I seem to be totally backwards because I like season 2 the best and season 3 the least.

It´s just getting more and more a splatter festival.

I would agree with you to a point. I think the story is becoming more interesting with the pending "war" between our deteriorating main group and the "Woodburyites." However, it has steadily become more of a splatter-fest as it seems the producers constantly seem to try to outdo themselves with ever more explicit killing of zombies...

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #34 of 169
I don´t find war in itself all that interesting. I am more interested in the psychological stuff. Interested in what happens to the core group but the governor and the woodburyites not so much.
I am afraid they will just go all out on number of weapons fired and gore in the upcoming confrontation and season 3 will be a school example on how to destroy a serie.

Also now having caught up with the latest episode I feel the extreme frustration of having to wait a week for each new episode.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #35 of 169
"One time my brother-" BLAM!

Anyways, about the crack shooting of the last episode, does anyone hate how they became so pro-headsh0t!!1! zombie killers but can't hit a stationary guy standing on a tower?

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #36 of 169
The whole woodberry Governer thing just rubs me the wrong way.   They never really give a back story as to why this guy starts a community, but for no apparent reason decides to actively hunt and destroy people who are not in his community.

Even for a psychotic person this doesnt seem to have a point...   like when they ambushed those military people early on.. what was the point?  why not just invite them into the community if you want their stuff.   

sorry but if the whole planet went to crap and a psychotic dude somehow managed to salvage a whole town, there would be no point whatsoever in constantly trying to kill people.

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #37 of 169
Quote:
...but for no apparent reason decides to actively hunt and destroy people who are not in his community.
...like when they ambushed those military people early on.. what was the point?

I think that the barely expanded on point of the killing of the soldiers was that he didn't want them coming to the community and diminishing his role or status, and that he wanted sole control over the people of the town.

As for killing others, they don't explain enough, which is nothing new with The Walking Dead.

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #40 of 169
Well they do fire very inaccurate military weapons in burst mode for cool effect. The governor even go gangster or something dunno what that was about... He didn´t appear to really want to hit more then the initial guy just wanted a warning?

Tower guy should have gotten one or two of course if he did a decent job. That you aren´t as accurate when you have bullets wissing by your head is easy to understand. In that way this scene was much better then what you usually get from Hollywood.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #42 of 169
Quote:
In that way this scene was much better then what you usually get from Hollywood.

True, it's probably more realistic than many action movies/shows would have mad such a scene, but I feel like the show doesn't balance this realism enough (one moment it's like this scene, next their poppin' shots like no problem).

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #43 of 169

Quote:
True, it's probably more realistic than many action movies/shows would have mad such a scene, but I feel like the show doesn't balance this realism enough (one moment it's like this scene, next their poppin' shots like no problem).

Sure got what you mean not saying I disagree but as I see it fighting zombies is like running Max Payne in slomo mode lol

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #44 of 169
getting the pop corn ready for tonight
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back