Anybody receive free ER4p's in the mail???
Jan 23, 2008 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

apnk

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a pair of ER4p's today shipped direct from Etymotic Research Inc. I never ordered them, my credit card online statement shows nothing. The invoice shows that the iems were purchased on 1/16/08 shipped via UPS RED. The invoice has the buyer as me, but the email address is not mine, earsex@mac.com ? OK. Anyway, I called Etymotic and told them the story and who I think is behind this.

A few years ago (3), headfi member I312ly (now banned), was selling ER4p's for a cheap price. I bought a pair, turns out he is from Indonesia. When I recieved them they were direct from Etymotic in Illinois and he had me send money through Western Union to Indonesia. This had me worried and wondering. A few weeks later he was banned (maybe the old thread is still around) because he was trying to purchase iems from Ultimate Ears with stolen credit cards and UE posted a thread not to buy from I312ly. It's why I and others recieved our iems direct from Etymotic even though he lives in Indonesia.

I don't know if was this same guy, but who would buy cans and ship them to others for free? Even if it was with stolen CC's why would he/she spend the time and have items sent to others? BTW, anybody else unexpectedly receice ER4ps?

So I was honest and called Etymotic a few minutes ago and the customer service lady told me that she will let the people who need to know, know.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 34
Sweet...maybe you'll get to keep them??? If you do, you can send them to me if you don't want them, lol.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet...maybe you'll get to keep them??? If you do, you can send them to me if you don't want them, lol.

No, they asked me to return them, shipping is on them.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 34
If you ARE interested in buying them, maybe you can ask if you can buy them at a discount considering they're already at your place.

They have to consider that the package might be opened, extra wear and tear on box, restocking fee and suchs.

Worth trying
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ARE interested in buying them, maybe you can ask if you can buy them at a discount considering they're already at your place.

They have to consider that the package might be opened, extra wear and tear on box, restocking fee and suchs.

Worth trying
smily_headphones1.gif

I already have a pair.
tongue.gif
Box is opened but not the product package, still shrink wrapped and everything.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 34
I do believe you are within your rights to keep them at no charge. If you are sent something in error they can't really charge you...make them come and pick them up themselves,lol. You should recieve something for your time....hat,pen or one of them thick stack of memo paper!

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe you are within your rights to keep them at no charge. If you are sent something in error they can't really charge you...make them come and pick them up themselves,lol. You should recieve something for your time....hat,pen or one of them thick stack of memo paper!

A couple of tri-flanges? Why do I want memo paper?
biggrin.gif

Nah, all I care about is that my name is clear, I don't want cops to come knocking and asking me if I stole credit cards.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of tri-flanges? Why do I want memo paper?
biggrin.gif

Nah, all I care about is that my name is clear, I don't want cops to come knocking and asking me if I stole credit cards.

Just think...you would probably be the only headfi member with it...bragging rights
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 34
Wow, DT990s, MS2is and ER4Ps. You have good taste in phones. IMO you did the right thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would email the person at earsex@mac.com,and ask them what the deal is.Ma be they like you,and sent them as a gift.

I think the "sold to" box would have their address and why order at retail price from Etymotic? Amazon has em for $170.

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 34
Major kudos to you, apnk, for doing the right thing.

Far too few people in this world have that kind of character.

Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back