Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #166 of 509
... Is there any point of contact that we can ask about this that you know of? Head-Fi likes wordy reviews....

-Collin-

Not that I'm aware of.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #167 of 509
I just plain dont like the new layout. Its cumbersome and not user friendly. When logging in it seems i have to log in twice.... Its harder to find things.... Its just not conducive to my normal sit and scroll through and research. It was soo easy before. Now its a PITA

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #168 of 509
I just plain dont like the new layout. Its cumbersome and not user friendly. When logging in it seems i have to log in twice.... Its harder to find things.... Its just not conducive to my normal sit and scroll through and research. It was soo easy before. Now its a PITA

You can't sum it up any better than this. I honestly feel bad for all the admins / webdevs out there who probably sunk a lot of time into this just for everyone to not enjoy it.

Edit: It is so un-intuitive to browse the site now that I haven't done anything else on Head-Fi today other than post in this thread.

- InsanityOne :triportsad:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #170 of 509
You can't sum it up any better than this. I honestly feel bad for all the admins / webdevs out there who probably sunk a lot of time into this just for everyone to not enjoy it.

Edit: It is so un-intuitive to browse the site now that I haven't done anything else on Head-Fi today other than post in this thread.

- InsanityOne :triportsad:

I guess that what happens when you do not go through an SDLC model and completing the design stage

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #171 of 509
Another thing. There is no way to tell at scanning altitude the difference between a thread I have visited and a thread on which I have posted. The helpful shadowing used on the old site allowed us to see with a glance which threads we had posted on without clicking on it. There is nothing like that on the new site. Now I am running around like a maniac trying to figure out how to find where I have posted. What a pain!

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #174 of 509
can't edit signature anymore? lol

Go to this page
3YEHlLg.jpg

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #176 of 509
I had a lot of issues signing in after change. Somehow I did it and also changed my email on my account. On home page it shows I needed to sign in, but when I hit forum tab, it showed I was signed in.

FWIW new design in terms of looks is a fresher one, obviously not without some initial teething problems. Good luck in sorting them out.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #178 of 509
Oh god this Xenforo crud again, This transition is a so painful and why did we have this without any warning, all the forums which I was a member had a properly planned upgrade or transition which XDA was the best, First Reddit's CSS got nailed and now Head-fi ?
Wth was wrong with the old site, It was so beautifully made.

An end of an era, Ad infested and more space wastage is all I see.
Thank you.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #180 of 509
Few things

the theme is far too BRIGHT
the space organization is just OFF, I have to scroll all over the place to read the threads from beginning to end
the ad space usage is beyond cumbersome, and what is with the scrolling footer (thank goodness for mobile version) but even that it takes forever to find the settings
I too keep having to log in repeatedly, just in changing forums
at least add an option for a darker color on the backgrounds
make the option for member donations, to get rid of all the oversized add space, I would gladly pay
Is it possible to either minimize or block avatars, they are just too big on my 32" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back