Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #181 of 509
I haven't quite figured out the search feature within a thread yet, so not sure if this was covered yet, but I discovered how to find the link to the "New Posts" section.

From the new home page:

-go to "Forums".
-on right side of page below your avatar, there is a "New Posts" link with a list of a few of the most recent.
-click on "New Posts"

Not sure if this was there yesterday, but it is now. Also, even though the link has a thread count number in it, bookmarking it in EDIT: Firefox (Chrome not so much) seems to go to the most recent version of the link. Pretty fancy bookmarking technology!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #186 of 509
Why fix something that is IS NOT BROKEN?????
The new site is a difficult to negotiate mess with lots of important short cuts missing!

It's not fixing anything, is making the site more accesible for incoming Head-Fiers by making it look not from the 90's.
And advertisement revenue.

It's a mess right now, but everything will be fixed.

No need to panic :)

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #188 of 509
Ad revenue will diminish now that traffic will too.

This is absolutely appalling.

not even close to be user friendly

Big fail!! Not just teething problems

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #189 of 509
Still showing this on my MacBook using Chrome browser!

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 13.52.43.png

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #190 of 509
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but the date a post was made is critical. The way it is now, you can only see a date or day when you reply, then the date of reply is visible. We need to know if a review or post was made recently or 2yrs ago.

I understand from the webmaster point of view as I do webdesign, but this implementation leaves much to be desired and not just from the technical standpoint, you should have let the people know it was going to happen and to be patient during the transition. I'm the FNG, so it's not as much of a shock to me, other than being almost unusable, but I feel for the members who have been here for years. This forum is all about communication, the utter lack of it on the parts of admin/designers is puzzling.

Best of luck guy/gals there is much work to be done. One final thought, I never used an ad-block here and even clicked on some of them because they were germane, but I loaded up one specifically for this site now. Those ads are way over the top and had I not been here before the change, I would have likely dismissed the site before I ever got to the great content buried therein.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #191 of 509
really sucks that i can't browse the site using tapatalk, as i sit at my desk at work....

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #195 of 509
As it has been mentioned already...
Mobile site:
- Opera Mini just refuses to load the page (cache removal does not help) - the most frequent message is - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS; Chrome works - both say the security certificate is invalid
- Scaling for the mobile devices is just horrid, I have to switch to desktop mode, then to zoom it and continue (kind of a pain in the backside to not get angry, when trying to get an injection of another Schiit Happened chapter)
- Amazing for the desktop now (for reading, otherwise it is primitive)
Desktop site:
- ad-trap - I am sorry, but it is an only word describing the page now, I have switched the ad-blocking plugin back on for the head-fi and it is not going away anytime soon, I am sorry
- Amazing for the mobile devices now

Design as a whole looks cheap. Last time I have seen such a shame was with Spotify redesign.
And, please, notice the bold lines - funny, is it not?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back