Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #196 of 509
- ad-trap - I am sorry, but it is an only word describing the page now, I have switched the ad-blocking plugin back on for the head-fi and it is not going away anytime soon, I am sorry

I agree with most of the comments that the new layout is pretty awful. But two things in particular bother me:

1. The ads on the former site seemed to be mostly about audio gear; the new site seems to think I need a date or want some kind of crazy stones. I actually looked at the old ads; I will block these, assuming I still use the site at all.

2. The email notification system used to send you every new post from the subscribed threads, regardless of whether you visited the site in between postings. This was a great feature! The new system, however, requires that you go to the site to view the post you just received via email and then go on to read any other new ones. If you don't go to the site, no new messages. I assume they did this to force you to go to the website to see the ads, but see point 1.

If the email notification scheme doesn't return to the old method, I will probably be spending far less time on Head Fi.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #197 of 509
How do I go to the first unread post of a thread? When I click go to first unread post, it takes 2 to 3 pages farther back. This is annoying as hell. You used to be able to just click the topic and it would take you right there. The mobile version of this site is useless. Great job ruining this site to whoever is responsible! Unless there is some improvement, I don't think I'll be posting here much anymore. It's ridiculous what you have to go through to do simple things here. I still can't delete PM's that were deleted from the old site. All of my reputations are gone, What? I'll quit now before I say how I really feel....:rage:

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #199 of 509
How do I go to the first unread post of a thread? When I click go to first unread post, it takes 2 to 3 pages farther back. This is annoying as hell. You used to be able to just click the topic and it would take you right there. The mobile version of this site is useless. Great job ruining this site to whoever is responsible! Unless there is some improvement, I don't think I'll be posting here much anymore. It's ridiculous what you have to go through to do simple things here. I still can't delete PM's that were deleted from the old site. All of my reputations are gone, What? I'll quit now before I say how I really feel....:rage:
Thank the lord, I thought it was just me that could not work out what to do on the site.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #200 of 509
Has anybody figured out how to navigate the new ad board/website? Is there a posting from the administrators with an overview/instructions?

Two particular questions of note:

1. Previously, I enjoyed scrolling through the latest posts, all of them, to pick out the ones I wanted to read. Is that an option in the new world?

2. Any way to get links to saved threads on the front page like before? Or, does one have to go to their account each time?

I keep telling myself it's a free site over and over. . .

I could not get into site with my password. I could not change password . Site would not send me an email, so, I just re-registered.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #202 of 509
The new layout sucks. Period.

Why am I seeing ads for crap other than audio related items? This is ridiculous.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #203 of 509
The search function does not work, still gives a "security error".

So to search for a product, head-fi meet, anything, I'm going to google, which will then link me (hopefully) back to a thread in head-fi that I may be interested in.

Beyond belief!

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #204 of 509
I try to reply to someone and it just shows my comment but not the message I'm replying too it's a total nightmare, gutted,constant security issues popping up its a total joke, Jude sort it

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #205 of 509
Please help!

I have no idea how to change the price on my original "for sale" ad. Does anybody know? It lets me edit the post, but not the price.

Also, how do we "bump" our "for sale / trade" listings?

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #206 of 509
Oh lord, not another layout change. Last time they did this (when was that, 2010?) the changes were actual upgrades, this time things have taken a turn for the worse.

Where are my thread subscriptions?

Why can I not see I am logged in when on the main page?

FIX IT.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #208 of 509
Thanks, that link worked, and I am actually used to this format on another forum, but where is a link to Watched Threads out on the site itself? I am not seeing it anywhere as a link. Also I wonder if you will get notices of new posts on your watched threads anywhere.

Top right corner>>> watched threads

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #209 of 509
the pictures on my for sale items arent showing up,i have no idea how to even find my listings now and i have no idea how to bump my listing or even see how long until i can bump it....this among so many other things....a real shame,i used to love to check in to the site now i dread it...i just noticed i also cannot change the price on my listing....who designed this new upgrade?quite seriously,they have made it unusable

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #210 of 509
Please help!

I have no idea how to change the price on my original "for sale" ad. Does anybody know? It lets me edit the post, but not the price.

Also, how do we "bump" our "for sale / trade" listings?

Thanks!

the pictures on my for sale items arent showing up,i have no idea how to even find my listings now and i have no idea how to bump my listing or even see how long until i can bump it....this among so many other things....a real shame,i used to love to check in to the site now i dread it...i just noticed i also cannot change the price on my listing....who designed this new upgrade?quite seriously,they have made it unusable

Guys,

To edit and change the price I used this:
HF1.jpg

and to bump your Listing, made a "reply" to you own Listing, I used TTT (to the top) and it push mu Listing to the top of the FS/FT Forum.

I hope this helps.

Misha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back