Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #152 of 509
It's unfortunate that the site owners decided to "fix" something that wasn't broken.

+1

While I've been able to figure out how to get to most (but certainly not all!) features, where they were previously one or two intuitive clicks away, it now can take up to a half dozen non-intuitive clicks to find what I want. And they are not all in one place as they previously were and should be. An easier way may exist, but it has neither been indicated nor (to use that word again) is it intuitive. I imagine this will get righted sooner or later, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #153 of 509
Is Private Messaging gone? I would search to find the answer but don't know how! Also, posting trader feedback is a mystery to me thus far.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #154 of 509
Is Private Messaging gone? I would search to find the answer but don't know how! Also, posting trader feedback is a mystery to me thus far.

Nope. Go to their profile and then Start A Conversation.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #155 of 509
On mobile I don't see that option, it used to be so much easier. There is also a LOT of ads now.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #156 of 509
Apr 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #158 of 509
If this site logs me out one more time i post I'll... I'll... well I don't know what I'll do. But it'll be bad. Probably.
OK, that post just cracked me up!!

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #159 of 509
I'd agree. The site's new layout plays havoc with iOS's version of Safari. I'm also getting website-generated security error-popups (?!). Free site, yes... it's free. Oy.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #160 of 509
"If this site logs me out one more time i post I'll... I'll... well I don't know what I'll do. But it'll be bad. Probably."

OK, that post just cracked me up!!

LOL, it's a thing of beauty

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #161 of 509
Please cut down on the ads.

Once the user logs in, the home page banner right side doesn't display the alerts etc. It appears on forums and other sections.

The search button seems to be context sensitive. If you're on the sales forum and use the search button at the top, it seems to be pulling info from the sales forums.

The images on the previous posts and sales forums are broken.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #162 of 509
So has anyone else tried to post a review and seen the 1,000 character limit? Sorry to be a broken record, but I'm pretty sad to see that my 14,500 character review that I posted two days ago is now useless and I cannot re-post it now that maintenance is "complete" :frowning2:

-Collin-

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #163 of 509
So has anyone else tried to post a review and seen the 1,000 character limit? Sorry to be a broken record, but I'm pretty sad to see that my 14,500 character review that I posted two days ago is now useless and I cannot re-post it now that maintenance is "complete" :frowning2:

-Collin-

Well, I had a 10 page My Utopia versus My HD800 almost done. Worked on it for two months.
I guess I can just relax now.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #164 of 509
Well, I had a 10 page My Utopia versus My HD800 almost done. Worked on it for two months.
I guess I can just relax now.

Ouch, seriously? Is there any point of contact that we can ask about this that you know of? Head-Fi likes wordy reviews.

On the other hand if it really is 1k characters to stay, then, I'm going to have a lot more reviews soon lol.

-Collin-

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #165 of 509
I've read thru numerous questions and answers, but I can't find how to 'mark all forums read' as you used to be able to do at the top of any forum. Please advise and TIA! At least I was finally able to login after resetting my password (and had to attempt that multiple times until I finally got the required system email.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back