anybody else getting excited for the release of the RSA RAPTOR?
Mar 17, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #16 of 91
Well I will say this from the Montana meet in which I had alot of time to play with her...

I loved the ps-1's through the amp..esp when we were all listening to Andrea Boceilli..

The rs-1 and RAPTOR combo was enough for me to go home with a set of new RS-1's (they sounded so nice I had to buy them rite there and then...actually it was the same set)

The 600's and the 650's were a pure bliss..
I know when I get my raptor in, My grados and my 600's are both going to be fighting for my ears..hehe

The time is getting close for her, I can feel it.
anyday you all might log in and see a "pics of the RSA Raptor" thread....

Mar 17, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #17 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
It's probably more fun for Ray when he looks at his bank account balance.
biggrin.gif

Ahhh... if you reeeeeeeelly feel that way you are definitely in the wrong hobby.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 91
I picked a new SR-71 and a pair of HD650+zu cable during the last 2 months. I cant afford to be excited.
icon10.gif
I still wonder how a tube amp can sound. Maybe i will have a chance in the future. I didnt expect to have all this gear when i got my Ipod back in November.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #21 of 91
that is the sexiest amp I have ever seen
eek.gif

It's a shame the final product will be black IIRC.

- Justin

Mar 19, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
whats all this IIrc I see now...whats it mean?

anyway nice pics you fool..lol

If I Remember Correctly

Mar 19, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #25 of 91
I think that the sides being silver while the rest is black is a bad design idea, but we will have to wait and see.

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 91
I can't believe Ray went the bling bling with the blue light, I hope that is an optional accessory or not included at all, The light would hide the beautiful glow of the tubes you know. Plus if listening in the dark, It would kill the experience, I am fedup of covering that stupid blue on the DAC1 as it is.

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #28 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
I can't believe Ray went the bling bling with the blue light, I hope that is an optional accessory or not included at all, The light would hide the beautiful glow of the tubes you know. Plus if listening in the dark, It would kill the experience, I am fedup of covering that stupid blue on the DAC1 as it is.

OK Kunwar....
I thought of that too, what do you think would match with the red glow of the tubes? I can make the circle RED in color. Would anybody like to comment on that?
The Chassis will be black anodised with GOLD silk screen, the two side rails, left & right, of both the power supply & the amp including the RINGS around the tubes will be CLEAR anodised.
Any coments on the COLOR of the circle around the volume control???????
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back