anybody else getting excited for the release of the RSA RAPTOR?
Mar 16, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I have been keeping my cool but man I feel it...
its building up in me like a boost of headamp bliss waiting to soften my ears with passion...lol

anybody else looking forward to the release of the Ray Samuels Raptor...????

Ahh, BUT OF COURSE! A new Ray amp must be very fine, indeed. More fun, yes?
k1000smile.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 91
Quote:

Ahh, BUT OF COURSE! A new Ray amp must be very fine, indeed. More fun, yes?

It's probably more fun for Ray when he looks at his bank account balance.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 91
It looks wicked cool, but if I even begin to save up to get one, I'm going to triple the price of my most expensive audio purchase. The parentals would not be amused.

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 91
I'm not really excited by most products. It always comes down to I must hear it before I'm really interested. I like tubes though BUT my headphone choices (k1000 and he60) don't really allow me to use most amps.

Mar 17, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #10 of 91
I don't think anyone really knows yet... he mentioned at the meet that it would likely be somewhere in the $900 - $1200 range.

Mar 17, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 91
I'm looking forward to the release of the Raptor. I want to compare it to the HD300.

The release may coincide with the release of the PSP. Christmas comes early!!!

Mar 17, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #14 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I am looking forward to the raptor. Anything with tubes in it always takes my interest. I am keen how they perform with grado's.

I listened to the Raptor extensively while in Montana for Todd's Audio extravaganza, and can report that its superb with Grado PS-1's. Almost all of my listening consisted of that combination with a source being primarily a Meridian G07.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back