anybody else getting excited for the release of the RSA RAPTOR?
Mar 21, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #76 of 91
recstar24 said:
Now, if the question proposed was "how are those tubes" or "could you advise on some tuberolling options" then i think the statement "those tubes are crap" would be more welcomed; however, considering i was not asking for tuberolling options or the quality of the tubes, and sacd lover replied that they were crap without me asking whether they were or not, it seems that sacd is implying that its not only the tubes that sound like crap, if you know what i mean...

No I dont know what you mean. How do you do a reach that because I dont like philips 5687's I am implying the amp is no good? Thats paranoia. When are the stock tubes on any tube amp the best? The amp builders cant find or afford to put the best tubes in their amps. They use the best combo of low price and availability. My point was there are some extremely good 5687's that IMO are much better than the philips... so if the sound is good with the philips it will likely be even better with the premium 5687's.

Given that I researched the 5687 for weeks before I had an amp built using the tube, given I own an amp using 5687 as outputs (currently the ONLY owner), given that I have hunted down (for months) and used every 5687 made.... I probably know as much or more about this tube than anyone on this board. I praised the tube except for the philips. If I wanted to be negative towards the raptor I would attack the 5687 as a piece of junk tube period. Wouldnt that make more sense if I wanted to diss the amp? Reread my post. I said the best 5687's are a special tube. Your erroneous assumptions are just that; wrong. I apologize if I offered you information you didnt ask for. But members taking my post and turning it into some sort of attack is foolish.

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #77 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
When the raptor comes out, there will be plenty of tuberolling threads where those statements would be more appropriate

That's all im saying, already in the process of having some sylvania gb 5814's to experiment with the gain tube.

When the raptor comes out, there will be plenty of threads about tuberolling options, and myself as well as many other raptor owners would appreciate your experience with 5687's

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #78 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
That's all im saying, already in the process of having some sylvania gb 5814's to experiment with the gain tube.

When the raptor comes out, there will be plenty of threads about tuberolling options, and myself as well as many other raptor owners would appreciate your experience with 5687's

Fair enough. I would be glad to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #80 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I am a loss to understand how you can comment on the sound of any tube independent of the amp that it was auditioned in. The criticism of a tube type and indirectly of any amp that uses them reeks of an agenda on your part since I am sure you have not auditioned the Raptor.

This "reeks" of a moderater with an agenda. Total nonsense and completely inappropriate.

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #81 of 91
The circuit for any tube can be adjusted in many ways but those who use the 5687 know that the best of the best is the Tungsol from the later fifties. I have been using and working with tube cirucits for 35 years and from dealing with freinds and experts, who know much more than I, when it comes to the 5787 the Tungsol is top of the heap no matter what you do with the bias, plate voltage or general topology.

John in Tucson, AZ

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #82 of 91
talk about exciting
biggrin.gif
the Raptor is coming, I'm in for number 8. As for the LED, I agree as well that the red one will be better to complement the glow of the tubes, orange would be great as well. I'm not crazy about the dual tome color of the case and would love all silver but at the end its all about the sound anyway. And is sure sounded awesome with my RS1s and HP2s I tried with it at the last Chicago meet. I smell a big amp sale of most of my other amps. Can't wait
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Darius....maybe you should sell those hp-2's......to me...lol j/k

biggrin.gif
funny you would say this, I have a second pair on the way
biggrin.gif
I want a backup just in case
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #85 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Jamato, I liked the tungsol's to, thats why I got a set yesterday..can't wait to hear it all. I think the tung's made it just somuch more lush..some may say sloppy but I need something different then my hr-2 (as to justify having them both).

Darius....maybe you should sell those hp-2's......to me...lol j/k

I'm dyin'....absolutely dying a slow, painful, excruciating death. Wounds are wide open and fresh so could either you or dariusf please add some more salt? Perhaps toss in some vinegar for good measure?!

I can't believe my stupidity in selling my HR-2. What the heck was I thinking!?
confused.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #86 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
I'm dyin'....absolutely dying a slow, painful, excruciating death. Wounds are wide open and fresh so could either you or dariusf please add some more salt? Perhaps toss in some vinegar for good measure?!

I can't believe my stupidity in selling my HR-2. What the heck was I thinking!?
confused.gif

I was going to offer lending you my stealth...but then I thought about it and thought "nah let him suffer, it's funny watching him"!
rs1smile.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #87 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I was going to offer lending you my stealth...but then I thought about it and thought "nah let him suffer, it's funny watching him"!
rs1smile.gif

Ah, the Stealth....once the object of my lust and affection. Now there's the healthy dose of salt my wounded body needed! Thanks ol' buddy. I knew I could count on you.
icon10.gif

Heck, I'm glad I can provide some enjoyment for the board. I'll be disappointed if I don't get some sort of countdown as the other 10 folks ahead of me get news of their amps shipping. Of course, it would also be poetic justice to have pics and perhaps even some sort of problem with either a board or case just as Ray gets to good old number eleven.

Just for grins, why don't you put the stealth in the FS section....you know, as a parting shot so to speak?
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Redwings? Yeah, right....vulture is a bit closer to the truth. Just hanging out watching the whole gruesome scene play out. When the end comes, the old bird just drops down and does his thing. No muss no fuss.

Man, how I love this place!

Mar 22, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Ah, the Stealth....once the object of my lust and affection. Now there's the healthy dose of salt my wounded body needed! Thanks ol' buddy. I knew I could count on you.
icon10.gif

Heck, I'm glad I can provide some enjoyment for the board. I'll be disappointed if I don't get some sort of countdown as the other 10 folks ahead of me get news of their amps shipping. Of course, it would also be poetic justice to have pics and perhaps even some sort of problem with either a board or case just as Ray gets to good old number eleven.

Just for grins, why don't you put the stealth in the FS section....you know, as a parting shot so to speak?
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Redwings my eye....vulture is a bit closer to the truth. Just hanging out watching the whole gruesome scene play out. When the end comes, the old bird just drops down and does his thing. No muss no fuss.

Man, how I love this place!

Don't worry I am sure you will get your amp soon enough. You know what they say "patience is a virtue, possess it if you can".

I am sure Ray is doing everything to meet demand on orders. Don't worry Ken.

Mar 22, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #89 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Don't worry I am sure you will get your amp soon enough. You know what they say "patience is a virtue, possess it if you can".

I am sure Ray is doing everything to meet demand on orders. Don't worry Ken.

Uh oh...when you get all concerned and start showing compassion, that's when I begin to worry. Completely against your nature. You're up to something aren't you? What's up that devious sleeve of yours? And no, I won't buy the raptor"i" series.
orphsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #90 of 91
Quote:

Uh oh...when you get all concerned and start showing compassion, that's when I begin to worry. Completely against your nature. You're up to something aren't you? What's up that devious sleeve of yours? And no, I won't buy the raptor"i" series.
orphsmile.gif

Hmm I wonder if Ray will let me queue jump you for a laff.....

Don't worry I am sure all of them have been pre-booked out. Maybe I could trade him??? Something like a perfect condition Hp-2 or something......
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back