Any volume limitation hack for SONY NWZ-A816 ?
Apr 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by veracocha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys ! I only want to loud it as cowon , It does not loud as cowon's
I have no hear problem.. and no mp3 ripping or encoding problem not loud as any mp3 player , that' all !

If he claims he has no hearing problem, he certainly looks like he's creating some for himself.

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

I listen my old cowon u3 at 35-36 volume levels with eq and bbe , I like high volumes especially for trance music , Is it clear ?

No, it's not clear. If you need more volume than the A816 can give you, something's wrong. I don't care that you "like high volumes", nobody should want it that loud. If you're sure there's nothing wrong with your A816, your phones, or your tracks (they could be poorly encoded, but you insist that they are not), then you must have hearing loss. And if you don't, I can guarantee that you will soon, listening at those volume levels.

Apr 22, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! the OP asks a question of the possibility of any hack/mods to increase the vol of his sony dap & the majority replies are he's either deaf or getting there. wats up with that guys?

Maybe it's an outpouring of humanity, and we're just genuinely concerned that he might be damaged his hearing, or he already has, and he's unaware of it.

Apr 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #35 of 58
He listens to his old cowon at 35-36 with eq and bbe
Ummm deafness beckons!
Thats rather silly
Just out of curiosity i tried my A81x at full,and its ridiculously loud,not to mention it would blow my phones eventually
Seriously thats just being silly
Still if your not happy,get rid of it! Your choice bud,its your hearing not mine!

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #36 of 58
Is the music volume itself low? You can try turning on the dynamic normalizer.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #37 of 58
I see the kind.... He's just that king of guy who likes extremely loud and damaging volume... Had a friend like that... I don't get it how dumb people can be even if they know they're damaging their hearing.... They love music and just don't care if they won't be able to enjoy it later on..... It's obvious he's already deaf to a certain level....

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #38 of 58
i tried testing my sony to see its limitations and the noticeable increase in volume peaks out around 25 anythign above that is hardly notiveable. of course i turneed it down after but it was just interesting to hear. anyone who is familiar with square root graphs thats the best representation i can give for the volume cap. it isnt like an iPod which would have a linear line. try it out. oh and playign around with the test mode i found the maxoutput menu but it has no option to change anything. sorry bud!

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #39 of 58
Its a test only. Really painful, if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

The volume limiter adjustment is by selecting region(mine is EU STS:Off(I can't remember if it was STS or etc.))

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

I listen my old cowon u3 at 35-36 volume levels with eq and bbe , I like high volumes especially for trance music , Is it clear ?

I think you really need to start thinking about protecting your hearing.

Listening at the levels that you descirbe here is guaranteed to cause damage to your hearing.

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #41 of 58
This isn't the first post complaining about Sony volume and we don't need to tell him to turn it down -- that's what Mommy does
rolleyes.gif
. I'm sure there are plenty of amped users that are a lot louder. I would try some higher impedance phones and see if that helps. Maybe the cx-500 doesn't match well, or something.

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mule65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This isn't the first post complaining about Sony volume and we don't need to tell him to turn it down -- that's what Mommy does
rolleyes.gif
. I'm sure there are plenty of amped users that are a lot louder. I would try some higher impedance phones and see if that helps. Maybe the cx-500 doesn't match well, or something.

The CX-500s impedance is 16 Ohms, which is exactly like my Denon AH-C551s. And like I said, any volume level above 15/30 is very loud to me. That 30/30 wouldn't be loud enough is just crazy. If the CX-500s are about as loud as my C551s, then this guy will definitely damage his hearing by listening at those levels (and wanting it even louder makes you suspect he already has hearing damage). And you want us to just ignore this? I think it's important that this guy knows what he's doing to himself (which he doesn't seem to realize).

I know people have complained about the output power of Sony DAPs before, but that's mostly to do with using them with hard-driven cans, not sensitive canalphones.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #43 of 58
I wonder if his CX500 integrated volume control is working properly or is turned down? Something doesn't make sense because all he wants is iAudio levels -- my wife's iAudio G3 with my 16 ohm Yuin PK2's are loud but not deafening at level 35. Unless both him and his buddy are near deaf I still think some 32 ohm phones would do the trick.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no hack for the player,its 5x5 watts output,and is perfectly loud enough
As stated it sounds like its the headphones you are using that's the problem
I dont need to have mine louder than 15 with either philips 9600 or k81dj
It's plenty loud enough!

It is not 5 watts, if it was 5 watts and he had it maxed he would go deaf. It is 5mW

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by x-kevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not 5 watts, if it was 5 watts and he had it maxed he would go deaf. It is 5mW

More like it would instantly kill the drivers in the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back