Any success in converting?
Jun 6, 2006 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

jonyao0323

Head-Fier
Just got started recently in headphones, and think I'm in it for the long run. Was wondering if any of you guys tried to "convert" any of your friends or relatives from cheap crappy phones to good ones, and if it really stuck on them.

From my personal experience, I've sort of half-converted my brother and one of my friends. Got them to listen to my EX71's a couple months back and both of them picked up a pair of EX51's shortly after. They're satisfied with them so far but unlike me, they didn't really feel the urge to upgrade shortly after. Well, I'll keep trying...
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 56
Converted my dad from Triport to STAX. Although he still uses the Triports more because they are plugged into his PCDP for when he uses the exercise machine.

Also lent the HD650 to a friend at uni. He now wants one.

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 56
a guy in my spanish class asked me how much my shure e3g were. i replied "why?" and he said that they looked "hella expensive"

and the shure case is pretty cool...but i don't think iem case can beat the ultimate ears

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 56
Check my signature. My 3 flatmates and one former flatmate successfully converted (though they refused to spend anything more than 100$).
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 56
I have a couple of friends that want my setup, but no one that is willing to bite on the hefty price yet.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 56
speaking of family, my siblings are eggoheads like myself (older bro has my 2nd pair of D77s and my older sis has a blue pair of D22s)

eggosmile.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 56
I'm making an attempt a week from today. My brother-in-law turns 30, and I've gotten him a SilverStone EB01, Creek OBH-11 and the Sennheiser HD-580. Not the ultimate setup, but not so bad, either. I could live with it.

If he shows any interest in Head-Fi, I'll spot him $20 for a membership, too.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
I haven't converted anyone....yet.

me either, but thats because my friends that i want to convert are waiting for their current headphones to fall apart

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonyao0323
Just got started recently in headphones, and think I'm in it for the long run. Was wondering if any of you guys tried to "convert" any of your friends or relatives from cheap crappy phones to good ones, and if it really stuck on them.

From my personal experience, I've sort of half-converted my brother and one of my friends. Got them to listen to my EX71's a couple months back and both of them picked up a pair of EX51's shortly after. They're satisfied with them so far but unlike me, they didn't really feel the urge to upgrade shortly after. Well, I'll keep trying...
icon10.gif

One thing at a time! I'm still working on getting them all over to Mac, althoe Apple is making my job easy with there new Intel thing.

I did two friends a week ago and got calls from both asking why I did not push them into it sooner.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back