Any success in converting?
Jun 7, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 56
I'm working on me mum. Left her with a sony sacd player and some HD650s. I really don't have much hope, but it was something nice for mothers day...
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
One thing at a time! I'm still working on getting them all over to Mac

ACKKK!! Why god would you do such a nasty thing??

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
ACKKK!! Why god would you do such a nasty thing??

tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

I'm still working on getting them all over to Mac...

I think I just heard the cry of a dying giraffe
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #22 of 56
All I can say is you all should buy Apple stock while its still low! In a couple of years when Apple has 30% of the PC market wont be the time to buy.

And one more thing! theres nothing you can say that will hurt my feelings as I've heard it all in the 17 years of using only Macs.

But if it makes you feel better? fire away!
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

All I can say is you all should buy Apple stock while its still low! In a couple of years when Apple has 30% of the PC market wont be the time to buy.

And one more thing! theres nothing you can say that will hurt my feelings as I've heard it all in the 17 years of using only Macs.

But if it makes you feel better? fire away!
biggrin.gif

x2. Just waiting for it to go up again like it did last year. Just waiting for the next Ipod...
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonyao0323
Just got started recently in headphones, and think I'm in it for the long run. Was wondering if any of you guys tried to "convert" any of your friends or relatives from cheap crappy phones to good ones, and if it really stuck on them.

From my personal experience, I've sort of half-converted my brother and one of my friends. Got them to listen to my EX71's a couple months back and both of them picked up a pair of EX51's shortly after. They're satisfied with them so far but unlike me, they didn't really feel the urge to upgrade shortly after. Well, I'll keep trying...
icon10.gif

I've personally found the EX-71s to be horrible compared to any cans that I've ever heard (that have been recommended at head-fi). Of course, I'm comparing IEMs and full-sized headphones, but imo, to think that you convinced them to get EX-51s... something better would've been nice, although good job to you for being able to convert people at all.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #25 of 56
I haven't managed to convert anyone yet. They all think I'm crazy for using headphones other than apple buds. My friend can tell the difference between apple buds and my new px100s, but he doesn't want to pay $100 (AUD) for a set of headphones.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotheadedjonny
I haven't managed to convert anyone yet. They all think I'm crazy for using headphones other than apple buds. My friend can tell the difference between apple buds and my new px100s, but he doesn't want to pay $100 (AUD) for a set of headphones.
rolleyes.gif

Buy him a set of Koss 75's for his Birthday! I've given 4 away in the last three weeks! a lot of my friends had birthdays in may
confused.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #27 of 56
I've never converted anyone to anything since I've been on here... however there are a few people who've always asked my opinions about CD players, headphones, speakers, music etc seeing as I'm known for adoring music and having music on pretty much constantly while I'm awake and really enjoying it all the time.

There is a friend who brought the same headphones that I had about 2 years ago after hearing what I'd got at the time. He's still got them and still listens to them even though I've moved on since then, sure that if/when they break he'll come asking me for some more advice. Generally it's only portable rigs they want help/advice on as for home use they are always into speakers no matter how good/bad they are.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #28 of 56
I actually was skudmunky's convert. I was a sony streetstyle user who dreamed of getting bose QC2s, until he got me some sennheiser HD202s for my birthday. I have not looked back once.
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #29 of 56
I converted my son immediately; he's now hopelessly addicted to good sound. Hopefully, it will motivate him to work to make enough money to support the hobby. However, it is far more likely that he will continue to get by rather nicely on my leftovers after upgrades.

I have found the PX-100 to be a useful "Gateway headphone" to show people just how much better music can sound coming out of an I-Pod.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
I converted my son immediately; he's now hopelessly addicted to good sound. Hopefully, it will motivate him to work to make enough money to support the hobby. However, it is far more likely that he will continue to get by rather nicely on my leftovers after upgrades.

I have found the PX-100 to be a useful "Gateway headphone" to show people just how much better music can sound coming out of an I-Pod.

Arg, audiophile parents are the worst. Upgraditus from day one.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back