Any recommendation for small Portable Headphones?
May 8, 2010 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Bengkia369

1000+ Head-Fier
any to recommend? thanks!

May 9, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 12
If portables for you is not IEMs, you can first take a look at this must read thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-35-portable-headphones-compared-panasonic-rp-htx7-philips-shp5400-added-05-02-10

Than, as WyldRage already said, tell us about your budget limit, requirements and musical preferences.

If I have to make a reccomendation for a portable, i'd say Senn PX200-II. They are great sounding to me with all genres, they are closed and they are foldable, but I don't know if they are in your price range or if they are the type of cans you are looking for.

Hope this helps 
beerchug.gif

Best regards
K.

May 9, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 12
the PX200 types are okay.  

If you step up to a slightly larger Sennheiser HD25 II, the sonic gains are terrific!  Otherwise, you might be looking at IEM type phones for smaller with some sound isolation. 

May 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 12
Also, a really, really big factor is open or closed. Do you want isolation or not? Is it alright if your music bleeds out into your surroundings, or not? This determines if you want open or closed, open being non-isolating and sound bleeding, and closed having isolation and does not bleed as much. Open tend to be comfier than closed for longer periods of time due to your ears being able to breathe and not get all sweaty.

Tell us more, headphones are even harder to recommend than IEMs as there are so many more styles.

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 12
I belong to www.stereo2go.com the vintage portable forum.   yes recommending HP is so personal... very tough

lower cost great performance best I think under $100 USD is
over ear
Koss Porta Pros with truly THUNDERLISIOUS BASS ,,, not best highs but acceptable... great with older equipment
btw lifetime warranty and they MEAN IT... after nearly 2 years of high use mine had one channel fail.  Mailed it in and for cost of shipping they sent me BRAND NEW... no questions asked.   Usually find on ebay or amazon for $35 or so.

Ear Buds

I love the Creative Labs  EP 630   for about $45   Good choice for digital.  Crisp, efficient, very good base and for price very open sound field.  and 3 sized ear inserts help make good fit for all.   Only complaint is cord is bit tangly... but seems nearly ALL headphone ear bud wiring winds itself up .. what a pain.

MAKE SURE you only buy the Creative Labs from mfg. website as tons of knockoff crap on ebay.

Some of my COLORFUL CASSETTE WALKMANS... yes some nearly size of IPOD classic and damn lighter!  SO who cares if I only have 50 songs at a time to listen too... ITS ABOUT THE SOUND..... nothing beats real ANALOG recorded from a dbx vinyl disc  just AWESOME !   look up vintage dbx 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 12
Just so you know, anything that could be deemed ad-like is not allowed in the main discussion forums, especially if you are a Member of the Trade. http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/terms-of-service

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Just so you know, anything that could be deemed ad-like is not allowed in the main discussion forums, especially if you are a Member of the Trade. http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/terms-of-service

Apparently (and unfortunately) those ToS no longer apply on the new, commercially-oriented head-fi, hence the aggressive marketing that Sennheiser and EarphoneSolutions reps have been doing in recommendation threads. It's a step backwards in my view but it's not up to me. The only thing that's still not allowed is verbally trashing the competition.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #11 of 12
Dont sweat it guys, information removed ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back