Any portable amps small enough for the new ipod nano?
Sep 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 13
FiiOs may fit in size but their value in terms of SQ improvement is questionable; might as well use the HP-out.  The Shadow helps, but it costs a lot more and you also need a good LOD.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 13
The Mustang??  Was seriously considering this one myself for the Nano but don't know dimensions

O and just went on the Samuels' website and discovered the Shadow needs a wrap-around LOD cable because the plug is in the rear of the amp.  Makes the portability somewhat of a challenge vs. the Mustang whose cable connections are in the front of the unit.

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
FiiOs may fit in size but their value in terms of SQ improvement is questionable; might as well use the HP-out.  The Shadow helps, but it costs a lot more and you also need a good LOD.

Most of the time I prefer the E5 to HPO but your IEM choice and signature preference would go further to determining the E5's value. 

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #8 of 13
Visited the Apple store today.  OMG that thing is small.  I mean almost TOO small.  Wondering if any amp could be paired with it.  Now that I've seen it, I'm thinking more of the iBasso T3 or something like that.  Even the Shadow, I think, would be too big for this tiny little thing

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #10 of 13
OK you're right: Shadow does look good in the pic.  Bet that's one super-tiny combination to carry around.  Sweet looking too

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
FiiOs may fit in size but their value in terms of SQ improvement is questionable; might as well use the HP-out.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I noticed a definite improvement with E5 and LOD vs HP-out on my iPod Touch. Without the LOD it sounded the same if not worse (using the included interconnect cable.)

I've been considering getting the new nano to go along with the E5 for an ultra portable rig. I checked the dimensions and they are only millimeters apart in size; my LOD is probably bigger haha 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #13 of 13
Im going to hopefully be picking up the E6 with the L9 LOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back