Any other cereal fans?
Jan 27, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #16 of 44
nah...cereal doesn't do it for me. I mean, I enjoy the occasional bowl of reese's puffs for breakfast every now and then, but the consumption of a grande cup of coffee and a three muskateers bar usually does it for me.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 44
Oatmeal fan here. Cereal's great, but oatmeal's just as healthy and warm. And if it ever runs out...ramen FTW!

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 44
If it's got marshmallows, I'm in. Fruit Loops with marshmallows, Lucky Charms, that discontinued Scooby Doo cereal... Sometimes I eat just the actual cereal and leave all the marshmallows for last so I can have entire spoonfuls of just marshmallows and milk. It's totally worth all the time it takes to strain my cereal, but sometimes I'm just in too much a rush to execute the long strenuous process.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 44
Recently I discovered Kashi GoLean cereal - tons of fiber it's one of the tastiest cereals I've ever had. I eat it every day for breakfast now.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #20 of 44
I love cereal, i have 8 kinds at the minute. My housemates love the fact I take up half the worktop with the boxes.

If it isnt regular shredded wheat, then its good.

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #21 of 44
I tend to eat cereal in phases. Sometimes I enjoy a fiber filled cereal, like frosted mini wheats and cracklin' oat bran. And sometimes I enjoy the golden grahams, cinnimon toast crunch, waffle crisp, cookie crisp, trix, fruity and chocolate pebbles, and occassionally Kashi Good Friends!

One thing i like to do is to crush up EL Fudge and Fudge Shoppe cookies into my cereal....yummy!

Jan 27, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 44
Sure in the winter its fruit loops, honey bunches of oats and Frosted mini wheats. My kid loves cherrios so I usually eat a bowl of that with him.

In the winter its hot oatmeal with brown sugar or honey and raisins. Cream of wheat is good too IMHO.

Jan 27, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #24 of 44
I find that the kind and quantity of milk used with the ceareal can alter its taste enormously, as can the shape and volume of the bowl and also the spoon. A lot of people think I'm daft but I can assure you, it's all true. I have spent many years researching how to eat cereal by dreaming about it. I don't even need to practise, I just dream it, and then I do it. Nordost Valhalla spoon is definitely the best spoon for eating cereal. I have one question though? How to enjoy cereal? Others talk of enjoying the taste but when I eat cereal, nothing.

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #25 of 44
In the words of the guy in my avatar, Cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes. Cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes. Cornflakes.

I used to be partial to Kelloggs Start too, but you can't get it here. Oh, the trials of an expat, no Start and precious little bitter.
plainface.gif

EDIT: Thanks for that post, Sickmouthy, it made me chuckle!

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a cereal mixer!

OMG, I was just gonna post that too! I usually do at least two, sometimes three at at time. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, but now she has started doing it
biggrin.gif

Of course, this must be done with caution & precision. The proper balance of healthiness, texture, & sweetness must be achieved at all times.

Raisin Bran + Frosted Mini-Wheats + Fruit Loops
Raisin Bran + Frosted Mini-Wheats + Apple Jacks
Raisin Bran + Frosted Mini-Wheats + Frosted Flakes

(When in a pinch, you can cut out the middle-man
wink.gif
)

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #28 of 44
I really got hooked on Life cereal for a while once.

Yesterday I had some Honey Comb and it sucked!! What happened to it?! It used to rock my world but now it tastes like poo
frown.gif
Someone please agree with me..

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #30 of 44
Love cereals.
I eat cereals, mostly müsli and dried fruits, with yoghurt for breakfast every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back