Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #782 of 828
Still kicking around......IMG_1990 1024x768.jpg
I see. the top of my head in
the bottom of the pic .that was my emm labs setup Meet held at Jahns building Good Times had by all.

Dec 24, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #783 of 828
Happy Holidays, I'm still here and still spending foolishly

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #787 of 828
This is the image of my old account I lost access to. I remember back then I had a Presonus Central Station and blue jeans cables, a audio-technica set of closed back headphones that I recall had a blue color on the ear cups. Back then I had a home server setup with rack mount gear and a KVM switch as well as a rack mount furman conditioner. Also had a 200 disc DVD changer and a optoma projector all in my college dorm room. Then the great recession hit and I was down and out after I graduated because no body was hiring. I had a lot of pictures that I lost from back then. Good memories though that's when I had first head of something called hi-fi. Now I have a house full of mostly the gear I want. Would be nice to upgrade my stereo amplifiers I've been looking at the parasound A23+. I can recall after I had moved cities I had a Dac Magic Dac the original one and a Ray Samuels solid state amp and I was running foobar at the time.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 1.31.51 PM.png
I'm moving on. This site has been a good resource over the years for new buyers and people wanting to discuss technicalities. Seems a lot of the 2000s "internet heyday" is over with and now we have a lot of hi-fi scams going on with person-to-person sales (I was recently scammed on a sale). Have also had some gear break on me which I contribute to overseas network exploits. Not sure if my signature and IP on here doxxed my streaming gear for an attack. Also seems like a lot of the original posters on here have left and all we have now are edgy posts looking for a reaction instead of heartfelt comments. I will probably still browse the site on occasion to learn about trends. But other than that I'm signing off. Bye.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #788 of 828
I'm moving on. This site has been a good resource over the years for new buyers and people wanting to discuss technicalities. Seems a lot of the 2000s "internet heyday" is over with and now we have a lot of hi-fi scams going on with person-to-person sales (I was recently scammed on a sale). Have also had some gear break on me which I contribute to overseas network exploits. Not sure if my signature and IP on here doxxed my streaming gear for an attack. Also seems like a lot of the original posters on here have left and all we have now are edgy posts looking for a reaction instead of heartfelt comments. I will probably still browse the site on occasion to learn about trends. But other than that I'm signing off. Bye.
BTW, did you buy the stuff on this site and have problems that you mention?

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #789 of 828

Sad but true. The headphone hobby has exploded since I signed up in '04 (lurked since '02). With the popularity come the thieves and screwballs. Unavoidable. I 'spose the best advice is 'reader beware'.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #790 of 828
Agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, I spend a few months lurking then I disappear for a year or so...

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #791 of 828
*raises eyebrow*

I hope I'm never too old to come to this conclusion...

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #792 of 828
Sad but true. The headphone hobby has exploded since I signed up in '04 (lurked since '02). With the popularity come the thieves and screwballs. Unavoidable. I 'spose the best advice is 'reader beware'.
IMO, this site is still great and is a great facility for most of us.

The facilities here are second to none and we should appreciate what we have and make the most of it.

Yes, many good people have left this site over the years but there is still plenty of good people left.

BTW, I only turned 60 in recent years and am still mega healthy with just one broken ear. However, I still enjoy music just as much and appreciate that I still have good hearing in one ear.

Perhaps read my hearing loss story below, and act swiftly if you have a similar incident, as it could prevent or reduce hearing loss in both ears!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sudden-hearing-loss-ssnhl-sudden-sensorineural-hearing-loss.922097/

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #793 of 828
Everything has its share of screwballs and scammers, lest you forget Singlepower and Hifiman back in the day

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #794 of 828
Everything has its share of screwballs and scammers, lest you forget Singlepower and Hifiman back in the day
Refresh my memory on Hifiman. I have a SP boat anchor sitting in the utility room and a Xin Feng paper weight.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #795 of 828
Refresh my memory on Hifiman. I have a SP boat anchor sitting in the utility room and a Xin Feng paper weight.
He was doing some shenanigans like not delivering orders, not fixing broken headphones, always trying to get more money out of people. He is a very unsavory character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back