Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Dec 8, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #406 of 828
cheers to all.... wanted to say hi.

Time passes by and I miss spending hours on this forum :)

I still come back and only read/trust the opinions of the old farters, so write more!!

best, 

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #407 of 828
I haven't been very active in many years since I've truly found something I was extremely happy with and still am, my black vintage SR325 still gives me goosebumps to this day. The rare opportunity finally came around for me to own 2 pair of blackstar driver headphones the SR300 and HP2 and I had to hear the creations of Joseph Grado in my life time. I hope to share my experience again in a review in the future. Looking back it's been an amazing journey and really have always been fascinated by the history of Grados. Sometimes I just come out of the hiding when there's a new Grado but that's about it. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #409 of 828
Haven't posted for ages up until recently - was happy with things, Been around a fair while 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #411 of 828
Feb 13, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #414 of 828
The older users are now so far back in forumdom that I'm not sure whether I actually remember some of you or my memory's just playing tricks on me.

Now where did I put my teeth...

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #415 of 828
The older users are now so far back in forumdom that I'm not sure whether I actually remember some of you or my memory's just playing tricks on me.

Now where did I put my teeth...
My hair is now greying, compared to our last catch up (2006?) - so long ago, so much different gear...

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #416 of 828
I miss the old school head-fi/headwize days! I totally like talking to other hobbyists. Since then I've noticed a lot of profiteers and "flippers" join the community who don't really care about the sound, but just want to make a quick buck. Sad really.

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #417 of 828
My hair is now greying, compared to our last catch up (2006?) - so long ago, so much different gear...

Mine just got start this year...too.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #418 of 828
I'm not only going grey but also losing it.

No-one else in my family has pattern baldness, so I must be an alien changeling or something. Or maybe headphone headbands are bad for you*...

(*actually this makes no sense since I rarely wear headphones these days. I guess alien changeling it is.)

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #419 of 828
Seeing some of these usernames made me double check the current date to make sure it really was 2016 and not 2004! Hard to believe how long this place has been around and how long I've been registered here. If I had one grey hair for every year I've been registered here...well, I'd have a lot fewer grey hairs. But I'll gratefully take early greying over losing my hair.

I've kind of been out of the headphone hi-fi hobby for a while now. Moving around frequently, using public transit far less after getting a car many years ago, equipment getting damaged or worn out and not replaced, and other parts of life just slowly but surely pushed me away from it. I have made only rather sporadic audio purchases since maybe 2006 and those were mostly things like inexpensive in-ear headphones with the HeadRoom Total Bithead being about the only notable thing I've bought in that time. My desktop tube amp did not move with me across the country from Denver to Washington, DC a few years ago and my beloved old AKG K271 Studios were damaged in a move in mid-2015, rendering them unwearable. I may at some point get back into this hobby a little bit but I doubt I'll get into it as seriously as I did over 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back