Any news on new sennheisers this year?!
May 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #31 of 40
There is NO HF-2 announcement. feh1325 was making a joke. There is no certainty for a new upcoming flagship from Sennheiser. And there will not be one until its ready to go out. Any other way of doing things would eat HD650 sales.

New speakers come out all of the time because there are hundreds of speaker manufacturers. There are only a few headphone manufacturers. The headphone pie is also a much smaller one than the speaker pie.

There are so many headphones which are already available which are better than what Sennheiser currently offers. Why not, instead of waiting for them to release something they are in no hurry to release and which will likely be just as middle of the road as what they've currently got. Take your enthusiasm and put it into existing products from other companies. If HD650 sales stall up, and suddenly Precide cannot meet demand for Ergo 2s, I'll bet you my bottom dollar that Sennheiser will sit up in their lazyboy recliner and take notice.

May 16, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #32 of 40
I think Sennheiser is trying to reach the average customer...this year..the popular headphones among average home user have been HD201 (sux rite? the cheapest from senn)...

but they are trying to gain market share by launching budget level headphones alongwith mid-range.

May 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #33 of 40
Sennheiser HE100/HEV100 to be released later this month.
wink.gif

...or maybe not.

May 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is NO HF-2 announcement. feh1325 was making a joke. There is no certainty for a new upcoming flagship from Sennheiser. And there will not be one until its ready to go out. Any other way of doing things would eat HD650 sales.

New speakers come out all of the time because there are hundreds of speaker manufacturers. There are only a few headphone manufacturers. The headphone pie is also a much smaller one than the speaker pie.

There are so many headphones which are already available which are better than what Sennheiser currently offers. Why not, instead of waiting for them to release something they are in no hurry to release and which will likely be just as middle of the road as what they've currently got. Take your enthusiasm and put it into existing products from other companies. If HD650 sales stall up, and suddenly Precide cannot meet demand for Ergo 2s, I'll bet you my bottom dollar that Sennheiser will sit up in their lazyboy recliner and take notice.

And what do you think is better then a hd650 with a good amp?

May 18, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #35 of 40
people think they dont deserve to hear music at its best (the way its meant to be ) & they buy cheap $10 headphones for listening to music..

its an insult to music!

May 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And what do you think is better then a hd650 with a good amp?

In no particular order, ignoring headphones at the O2, H2, L3000, HE60, AMT, K1000, R10 level:

Ergo 2
Grado RS-2
Stax SR-3N
Stax SR-202
Lambda Pro
A-T W5000
JVC DX1000
My DIY Orthodynamic headphones.

But I probably prefer them to some degree over:

Goldring DR-100
K701
K340

May 20, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In no particular order, ignoring headphones at the O2, H2, L3000, HE60, AMT, K1000, R10 level:

Ergo 2
Grado RS-2
Stax SR-3N
Stax SR-202
Lambda Pro
A-T W5000
JVC DX1000
My DIY Orthodynamic headphones.

But I probably prefer them to some degree over:

Goldring DR-100
K701
K340

I don't agree with you.

With my amp, the hd650 is as fast as the grado rs1...Yes, the amp does matter...I also had a very expensive stax system, while it had more detail, it lacked in several other aspects of music! Paired with the right amp...it can be as good as the top you mentioned. With my modded amp, the hd650 is a totally different beast!

May 20, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't agree with you.

With my amp, the hd650 is as fast as the grado rs1...Yes, the amp does matter...I also had a very expensive stax system, while it had more detail, it lacked in several other aspects of music! Paired with the right amp...it can be as good as the top you mentioned. With my modded amp, the hd650 is a totally different beast!

I didn't expect that you would, otherwise you wouldn't have asked. However I do believe that there is a level in this hobby, a point of performance and tonality at which the performance perspective rapidly and readily gives way in the ears of many to a preference for a particular type on tonality. For me, the HD650 does not provide that overall sound, whereas A) most planars do, and B) moving coils without diffuse sound EQ and/or hollow closed reverb do, to interchangable degrees.

I would put the HD650 on par with the SR-202, JVC DX1000, K340, K701 or Ergo 2. However it in the individual sound that each has which makes the difference, and I find the Ergo 2 to be my favouriet because of its more direct and snappy nature, and the K701 to be bottom, because of its unpleasant, somewhat wobbly midrange and its self resonant highs, also because of its dropouts in the bass. Its like a fouled up version of the HD600.

I am though a huge fan of planar sound. Electrostatic, orthodynamic, or otherwise and as such, any debate or discussion between myself and yourself (or between someone and somesuch) on this matter is never going to get further than at best, friendly ribbing banter, and at worst, flamebating insult and and electronic brimstone.

Don't get me wrong, I think that I can hear in the HD650 what it is that a great many people do like abou them, its just that for me, that isnt what I want.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prenxta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those last three posts were rather enjoyable and quite direct. Bravo!
popcorn.gif
...and I've been here for the last three years reading through posts nightly.

And... for how many nights were you reading this post, specifically?
confused.gif

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back