Any news on new sennheisers this year?!
May 12, 2008 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

tourmaline

Headphoneus Supremus
Last year it was buzzing with news about new to come elektrostatic headphones and dynamic flagships. However, as of now, it is awfully quit about sennheiser or any new headphones comming to the market this year.

Any news is welcome.....i am ready for a new sennheiser!

May 13, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 40
Sennheiser probably wanted to wait for Beyer and AKG to launch their flagship headphones, then read Head-Fi and come up with the HD700 that will encompass the best characteristics of those. If you ask me, it's a wise move. The HD700 will probably destroy anything else dynamic on this planet !

May 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser probably wanted to wait for Beyer and AKG to launch their flagship headphones, then read Head-Fi and come up with the HD700 that will encompass the best characteristics of those. If you ask me, it's a wise move. The HD700 will probably destroy anything else dynamic on this planet !

Heh, I doubt Sennheiser researches Head-Fi.

May 13, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 40
If I was them, I certainly would !
The amount of customer feedback found on here has more value than the ears of 4-5 engineers trapped in a lab 24/7 for 4 years
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

May 13, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmwwhats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time Senn came out with a new phone it was a refinement of an old, not a total revamp... that'll prob. happen again when another comes out.

I imagine that their reluctance to release a new flagship is a combination of two factors.

1: HD650 is still selling just fine, and so is the HD600 now that they've discontinued the HD580.

2: Can't think of yet another way to spiff up the HD580 chassy, and not sure they could get away with it again anyhow.

May 13, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #9 of 40
I remember seeing a quote from sennheiser that canjam '08 was going to be a "big event" for them. I take it sennheiser was there with the sameol sameol, if at all?

May 13, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am pretty sure they do...any smart business would. What we have to say probably won't make or break any decisions though..

May 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #12 of 40
Well, if anybody from Sennheiser is paying attention, I want a blend of the best of the HD600 and the HD650:

A richer, fuller HD600, but without the bassy colorations and dark ooze of the HD650.

In other words, a more neutral HD650.

((I suspect that Sennheiser can't do it. I suspect that the way that they produce the creamy smoothness of the HD650, compared to the HD600/580, is by adding that very darkness or bassy warmth. Remove it, and you have . . . the HD600.

So I suspect that Sennheiser's current high-end product stagnation and impotence is due to the fact that 1) they can't do any better, and 2) enough of us yahoos keep buying the HDs.

After all, what are the alternatives? Screechy, metallic-sounding Beyerdynamics and threadbare, overdetermined [in an obsessive-compulsive sense] AKGs? Overpriced-yet-still-crude Denons, made by a company that may soon disappear from the face of the earth, or, at the least, be transmogrified into a lowest-common-denominator boombox manufacturer?))

May 13, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ortho, piezo or AMT please Sennheiser
biggrin.gif

Now you are asking too much. Maybe a new kind of surrounder would be reasonable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back