Any news on new sennheisers this year?!
May 13, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now you are asking too much. Maybe a new kind of surrounder would be reasonable?

confused.gif

How do you improve upon perfection? Besides my NOS Surrounder loses value if theres a new one out.

May 13, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

How do you improve upon perfection? Besides my NOS Surrounder loses value if theres a new one out.

i wouldn't call the hd650 perfection, i own one myself but i am quite sure it can be improved upon!

May 13, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldn't call the hd650 perfection, i own one myself but i am quite sure it can be improved upon!

[size=medium]
Sennheiser seemed to give in to the increasing interest in bass heavy phones with the 650. I have wondered: to those who have done the pad mod (remove the foam pad over the transducers) and use strong amps that can handle the bass properly - does the 650 achieve balance throughout the frequency range?[/size]

May 13, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #20 of 40
Sennheiser's here!

Good. Sign me up as a consultant....................
biggrin.gif

Now make a more neutral HD650 !

May 13, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

I didn't.

And I wouldn't either, not by a long long long way. The HD650 has many flaws compared even to the other moving-coil headphones at its level, nevermind getting clotheslined by planar offerings. I'd pick my Orthodome over the HD650.

May 13, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]
Sennheiser seemed to give in to the increasing interest in bass heavy phones with the 650. I have wondered: to those who have done the pad mod (remove the foam pad over the transducers) and use strong amps that can handle the bass properly - does the 650 achieve balance throughout the frequency range?[/size]

It does. if you have a headphone that can controll the hd650, the balance is perfect, no overpowering bass...also a good IC can help in that department...

May 13, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

[size=medium]

It does. if you have a headphone that can controll the hd650, the balance is perfect, no overpowering bass...also a good IC can help in that department...The sound i have is from top to toe balanced...

May 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

It does. if you have a headphone that can controll the hd650, the balance is perfect, no overpowering bass...also a good IC can help in that department...The sound i have is from top to toe balanced...

[size=medium]
I appreciate that very much. I have been playing around with the idea of acquiring either a 600 or a 650 and would prefer the higher resolution model - but only if it has balance. Thank you.
cool.gif
[/size]

May 14, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

[size=medium]
I appreciate that very much. I have been playing around with the idea of acquiring either a 600 or a 650 and would prefer the higher resolution model - but only if it has balance. Thank you.
cool.gif
[/size]

Oppps, i see i have some typo's: ofcourse i mean: if you have an amplifier that can controll the hd650, the balance is perfect. With a good ic, you can finetune the sound somewhat!

May 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...made by a company that may soon disappear from the face of the earth, or, at the least, be transmogrified into a lowest-common-denominator boombox manufacturer?))

What? A well established company which makes some of the best AV receivers in existence?

May 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Oppps, i see i have some typo's: ofcourse i mean: if you have an amplifier that can controll the hd650, the balance is perfect. With a good ic, you can finetune the sound somewhat!

[size=medium]I understood what you were trying to say.
cool.gif
[/size]

May 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #28 of 40
I agree with you about the Denon A/V receivers, but Denon (and Marantz, etc.), which are a part of something called DM Holdings (or D&M Holdings, whatever) are going through a rocky financial time now and are up for sale. Other audio sites are discussing this. The long-term future of Denon is up for grabs.

May 14, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and any time now, grado is gonna come out with the HF-2

so check the MOT forums obsessively

I have been away from this forum for about a year now but have just returned as I was bored/possibly looking for some new full size headphones and got very excited to read that the hf-2 is coming soon! Obviously I have missed the hype being away from the forum and tried seaching but without much luck...any more details about HF-2- what grado they will be based on/price range/number of phones or when likely to be released? Also when they are released will they be in the "Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum" area?

May 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #30 of 40
Somewhat disappointing there isn't any real news about upcomming new products from senneheiser!
Every year there are loads of new speakers comming out, but new headphones is really scarse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back