Any love for the Activo CT10?
Aug 29, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #557 of 609
I was thinking of testing on PLA and PETG. I haven't really made anything on a 3d printer or have one at hand. Will send the files to some 3d printing service
You mean Soft-Flexible PLA correct? I have zero exposure to flexible materials, but I think tpu is most common.
Re: the 3d file, I believe this will be hard to come by...

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #558 of 609
You mean Soft-Flexible PLA correct? I have zero exposure to flexible materials, but I think tpu is most common.
Re: the 3d file, I believe this will be hard to come by...
I spent some time this weekend and used photos available online as reference to create a 3d model. This is my first time doing something like this so not sure how its going to turn out when printed. You can view the thing here. As you can see it is weird and uneven in places, but as long as its close enough and fits.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #559 of 609
I spent some time this weekend and used photos available online as reference to create a 3d model. This is my first time doing something like this so not sure how its going to turn out when printed. You can view the thing here. As you can see it is weird and uneven in places, but as long as its close enough and fits.
I think you should go ahead in this project.
Is the material available in clear or frosted?

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #560 of 609
Excellent work, btw...

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #562 of 609
This doesn't ship to where I am from, and even if it did, it would cost me almost half as much as it did for the CT10 itself. Seems like too much to spend on a PU leather case.
Case for the CT10 doesn't sound like a good idea. The device already runs VERY hot, it's best to leave it open and put rubber feet instead which allows the heat to escape to some extent.

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #563 of 609
Hello everybody. Posting after a long time. Using this player since a few months and is on latest firmware V1.33. I have installed Spotify and Apple Music and have downloaded about 15 Gb in spotify (Max quality) and 6 Gb in Apple music in lossless CD quality. I use a very cheap 128 Gb Micro SD class 4 card of Chinese origin for the downloads. The problem is every time I start the player it shows "scanning media" in the notification and device gets heated up and battery is consumed fast. The scanning media never gets completed ( checked upto about 3 hours) and after a few hours battery goes down very low. So is there a solution to get rid of this issue? Will the position improve if I use a speedier and better quality card? Incidentally besides the above download, my entire card is free (about 95Gb).

The device being very weak in 2.4G wifi reception (with no 5G), streaming is almost impossible if I am not very close to my router. So offline listening is the only way for me.

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #564 of 609
How's the Case going?

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #566 of 609
Nov 4, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #567 of 609
Hello,

Could someone help me with the 3 DSD sample songs that come with the device? I just found out the hard way that those get deleted if you factory reset. If anyone still has them and would upload them to mega or gdrive, I would be forever grateful. Thanks!

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #568 of 609
I have some question to the fellow owners of this device:

1. Is Activo CT10 your main listening device?
  2. What do you think about the equalizer? Do you like how the different presets sound? Are they effective?
  3. What phone do you use and how does it's audio quality compare to Activo CT10?

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #569 of 609
I have some question to the fellow owners of this device:

1. Is Activo CT10 your main listening device?
  2. What do you think about the equalizer? Do you like how the different presets sound? Are they effective?
  3. What phone do you use and how does it's audio quality compare to Activo CT10?
1. No, I have a budget desktop setup centered around the Schiit Magni 3.
2. I have only used the equalizer with the Audeze iSINE 10 (which need EQ IMO) which I have since sold. I have no other need/incentive to use EQ. As far as effectiveness goes, the EQ does change the sound but I have never felt like it makes any sort of improvement to quality, however, this is my personal preference/ideology that is not limited to the CT10.
3. I have the LG G8 with the ES9218P QuadDAC. The audio quality is great for on the go listening but I do not prefer it over the CT10 for serious listening. I got my G8 after the CT10 and I have never once thought, "That's it. I can get rid of my CT10". The only advantages the G8 has is its larger screen and Bluetooth 5.0. The CT10 gets louder, sounds better, and pairs perfect with my Chord Mojo.

Hope this helps.

Nov 8, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #570 of 609
I personally own one and love it! Sounds great.

20211106_024258.jpg

Though mine isn't just any old CT 10, but is a special version released during the Sega Saturn's release anniversary in Japan. Mine is the color fashioned after the gray Sega Saturn launch model released in Japan.

It just so happens to match the Sega Saturn I own. It's a really cool special edition and honestly as far as DAPs go, I'm happy to own it. Not really looking for any upgrade since it supports USB audio out, so I can use it with my Centrance M8V2. Works on Bluetooth too! I currently have mine fitted with a 256 GB SanDisk MicroSD.

20211106_024306.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back