Any love for the Activo CT10?
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #586 of 609
A tiny one 😄
Battery life on mine is so poor.
Only 2500 mAh 3.7V Li-polymer. The CT15 for China market just has a metal case. If you just use it as a digital transport, you could have a portable DAC like a IFI NANO Black, that would provide more battery life and be portable. The CT10 wouldn't have to power wired headphones. At this point you could also use a low cost android or iphone instead of CT10. I remember seeing some images of the DAC chip supplied by A&K of the internal board.

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #587 of 609
I'm still pretty fond of the sound that comes out of my CT10, it's better than my Sony Xperia 1iii smartphone from the HO, so it's not entirely obsolete as a device i wouldn't say. On the other hand the abject battery life and the tiny screen are definite friction points. I'm curious to know whether people have identified reasonable DAP upgrades (in the same sort or price bracket) that offer a similar or better audio experience, better UI and crucially, better battery?

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #588 of 609
I'm still pretty fond of the sound that comes out of my CT10, it's better than my Sony Xperia 1iii smartphone from the HO, so it's not entirely obsolete as a device i wouldn't say. On the other hand the abject battery life and the tiny screen are definite friction points. I'm curious to know whether people have identified reasonable DAP upgrades (in the same sort or price bracket) that offer a similar or better audio experience, better UI and crucially, better battery?
You can still use the CT10 in USB DAC mode to take advantage of the CS4398 chip. I have OTG cables for my iPad / iPhone. I have a Tidal account to stream, better UI. Should consume power from the source device.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #590 of 609
If you just use it as a digital transport, you could have a portable DAC like a IFI NANO Black, that would provide more battery life and be portable.

That's affirmative, a DAP used as a transport for a standalone DAC/amp is a nice route to take. I'd use hip-dac 2 rather than noan iDSD BL, though. It's more powerful and its flat enclosure will stack more easily. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 18, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #591 of 609
I’d like to do this. Can you recommend an iPhone (Lightning) to Micro USB cable.
Thank you.
I was able to use the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter with the Activo CT10. My iphone/ipad was able to power the CT10 in USB DAC mode. My Sony NX-55 required a 12W charger be connected to the "camera" adapter due to power draw. So not very portable. I bought the adapter to do a hardwired transfer from an older iphone to a newer iphone SE 3rd gen using Quick Start. The 12W adapter was for my ipad.

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #594 of 609
Hi. Please help for issue. unfortunately has stopped when sorting Artist and play in Activo CT15 1.13 firmware. can update to 1.33 like Activo CT10?

Mar 14, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #595 of 609
Sorry please send link for download firmware 1.33 for me

Mar 28, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #597 of 609
Hi guys.
Question from a beginner.
I have Shangling M0Pro and XDuoo X2S atm. Only 3.5mm "jacked" IEMs are used with these two.
Will Activo CT15 be any upgrade or just a step sideways?

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #598 of 609
Hi guys.
Question from a beginner.
I have Shangling M0Pro and XDuoo X2S atm. Only 3.5mm "jacked" IEMs are used with these two.
Will Activo CT15 be any upgrade or just a step sideways?

Possibly a step sideways for normal 3.5mm IEMs. It looks like the M0Pro can be upgraded to use it's Dual Sabre DAC for balanced output (3.5 to 4.4 adapter). I also have a Pioneer XDP DAP with Dual Sabre chips and a 2.5mm balanced output i use to drive low end Sony & Denon over ear headphones. The CT10/15 has better network & streaming options than my Pioneer, but no balanced outputs. I have a Tidal account for Hi-Res streaming, that is no longer supported on my older DAPs. I found a low cost IEM from Linsoul ZX10 Pro, that I upgraded w/ foam earplugs and better cable for the normal 3.5mm phone jack on the Activo CT10/15.

I collect DAPs so I may look into the M0Pro as the size is very compact compared to what I currently own.

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #599 of 609
Possibly a step sideways for normal 3.5mm IEMs. It looks like the M0Pro can be upgraded to use it's Dual Sabre DAC for balanced output (3.5 to 4.4 adapter). I also have a Pioneer XDP DAP with Dual Sabre chips and a 2.5mm balanced output i use to drive low end Sony & Denon over ear headphones. The CT10/15 has better network & streaming options than my Pioneer, but no balanced outputs. I have a Tidal account for Hi-Res streaming, that is no longer supported on my older DAPs. I found a low cost IEM from Linsoul ZX10 Pro, that I upgraded w/ foam earplugs and better cable for the normal 3.5mm phone jack on the Activo CT10/15.

I collect DAPs so I may look into the M0Pro as the size is very compact compared to what I currently own.
Will need to take a look then.

Alternatively start looking for XDuoo X3II.

Apr 15, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #600 of 609
Has anyone figured out how to edit playlists on a computer?

I've found I cannot copy m3u playlists to the player's internal memory, they just show up as blank. Simply copying a playlist the CT10 creates to the computer then back to the CT10 results in a blank file.

However, playlists can be copied to the SD card and will be recognized normally. However, any modifications by the CT10 to the playlists will not be saved. The changes will show up initially, then disappear on reboot. Copying the file back to the computer shows the original file, without any changes.

Very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back