Any headphones similar to the Beats Mixr?
Jul 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SkillKilla

New Head-Fier
Sometime last year, I decided to make a big purchase toward heaphones to see a difference from these (now dead) apple earbuds. I purchased the Mixr's close to release day (yeah yeah I know Beats by Dr. Dre etc.). I am absolutely LOVING these heaphones, but not just because of the looks or the sound (they do sound awesome for casual listening). MANY people complain about this for the Mixr's but I love how they squeeze on my head. It makes going from class to class enjoyful without worrying if my headphones will slip off if I'm in a hurry.

I love these headphones, but I'm new to this headphone stuff. If something were to happen that these Mixr's break, I'd like to get something that's not ... beats ...ya' know lol

So any other headphones that have a tight squeeze to your head like these do?

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 9
I'm not sure how tight of a squeeze they exert because it's largely due to your head size.
The Sennheiser HD25 / amperior squeeze tightly for me and are just a tad bit smaller than the mixr.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 9
skullcandy DJ Mike headphone has a good solid clamp ...and the sound to go with.
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 9
Ultrasone headphones tend to clamp pretty aggressively, especially the PROline models. I've only tried the open-back series though, not sure if the closed models sound as good - but the PRO900 is a common basshead suggestion. And they include a hard-case (all of the PROline models do, so even the 750 (which is in the MIXR price range) will have a case). I think they also have a DJ series of headphones (which are cheaper).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back