Any experiences with the HRT Music Streamer?
Mar 8, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #31 of 38
Any body know that can I connect this HRT streamer or Nuforce Dac to the USB of the Onkyo ND-S1 transport and then connect to an amplifier which has only RCA analog input
(I 'm trying to use this with the car stereo system) . I will use Ipod as jukebox music docked into the onkyo , usb out (from Onkyo) to HRT streamer and then RCA out to RCA input of my car stereo system. Will onkyo usb port have enough power to do that?
thanks,
Kiertijai

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #32 of 38
I have the regular version streamer and all i can say it is a very nice product and very easy to use. I have it hooked up to a lap top and it opens up a whole new world via the internet radio. Sound is very good and i have no desire to get a big and expensive dac this thing does wonders good cables do make a diffrence when using it.
I run it in to a vincent headphone amp with a set of DT-880 and the sound is some of the best i have ever heard the streamer is well worth the price.

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #33 of 38
PC
Not a computer guy.
tongue.gif

'Sounds' from the computer interfere w/the musical enjoyment of this DAC.
(not talking 'bout all the beeps & buzzes, those are defeated)
So, if a page is loading or spellcheck or whatever, I am getting 'dropouts'.

Know this is beneath almost all of you.
Any help would be appreciated.
BIG thanks.

Pleased w/the SQ; just the systems got sooooo may new parts...
the 'phones just came up too 100 hrs & the DAC at like 10 hrs!
I'd agree w/the 'musicality' assessments of the DAC; however can't address any specifics.

Thanks for checking this post out! :k702smile:

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #34 of 38
1. Make sure that your media player is using asio output rather than going through the Windows sound subsystems. If that doesn't help, go on to step 2.

2. Temporarily disable any antivirus software you may be running. If that solves the problem then you need to switch to a less resource intensive anti-virus solution. If it does not help, go to step 3.

3. Use the following tweaking guide to maximize the performance of your system by lowering the number of running processes, lowering the memory footprint of Windows and other running processes, and otherwise getting the most out of Windows: TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion. Be sure to disable all of the applications that are running at startup and don't need to be running at startup (common applications like Adobe Flash player, Adobe Photoshop, Apple iTunes, Apple Quicktime, and even the Java runtime environment install hidden components that start up automatically unnecessarily).

4. If all of that fails, you may need to upgrade your hardware.

May 8, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #35 of 38
I have purchased Music Streamer 2+. Been using about a month now. I think it sounds pretty good. I have also recently purchased an earmax amp. So it is a little hard  to tell which is doing what. I need to get a little more edjamacation.
What I have found is that I frequently have to reboot becauce my Itunes and the music streamer didn't connect. Sometimes more bothersome than others.

May 27, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #36 of 38

Quote:
1. Make sure that your media player is using asio output rather than going through the Windows sound subsystems. If that doesn't help, go on to step 2.

Would you care to elaborate on that point. I have been looking into this problem a lot, and spent numerous hours trying to get Windows to play as near to pixel perfect as possible. But I have not succeded fully. With som special plugins and stuff I got it working with one media players, but not all. What I would like is to have all sound playing through my amp without Windows mixer getting in the way. Is there a way to achieve this that I have missed?

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #37 of 38
I've just bought the HRT 11 music streamer. I've read so much rubbish on this forums about dacs, cables etc i just thought I would give this a shot.
I cant find anyone who imo talks sense that can say this little box isn't a steal for the money. No power supplies to build, no cable snake oil bull; plug it in and listen
wink_face.gif

I'm looking to replace an Exposure 2010 as my main source with a pc based source so if the HRT sounds as good through the rest of the kit I'll be pleased.
I'll post back when I've had a decent listen.

@barsk. Try this.
http://reclock.free.fr/
The download comes with comprehensive intstuctions on intallation and how it all works.
Failing that, download winamp or foobar2000 (forget about windows media player) and install aiso4all.
http://www.filecluster.com/downloads/ASIO4ALL.html
The installation of aiso4all for winamp and foobar is done so:
1) Its an exe self install, so click on the download and then click run. Make a note of where windows has installed it. Usually in program files on your main drive.
2) Go to My Computer, Local Disc, Program Files, aiso4all and open that folder.
3) Go to My computer, Local Disc, Program Files, Winamp or Foobar. In Winamp open the folder Plugins and then drag both dll files from the open aiso4all folder into the Winamp Plugins folder.
For Foobar2000, as for Winamp but open Componants folder and drag and drop the dll files in there.
4) close everything and open Winamp
Click Options at the top of Winamp, then preferences, find Plugins in the left hand menu and click Output.
There should be some nullsoft dll's there and, hopefully aiso4all.
highlight the aiso4all plugin and then click the configure box at the bottom of that window.
If you're not sure about what your doing just click the 1 to 2 channel box and set sample rate at 44100
make everything else highest priority.
5) close everything.
6) start Winamp. Play a track from local media. You should see a new blue icon on your task bar. If thats there then its all working okay.
The process is similar for Foobar. You should be a ble to work it out now.
Caution! If you use Winamp to stream from the net (shoutcast for example) it wont work. You have to go back to the Winamp, Plugins, Output and select Direct Sound Output.

I hope this helps you or anyone else struggling to get aiso.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #38 of 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@barsk. Try this

Thanx Tipper!
I will hava a look into this (again). The methods and tools mentioned above are similar to the ones I have used before. I was not able to make it a general solution that worked with the media services I mostly use though. I tried to make GB-PVR (google!) use reclock but it failed. The solution I need now on another computer is to get Spotify (a free music service in Europe) to play the music as cleanly as possible. Maybe the reclock trick works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back