Any DX1000 and DX700 comparisons?
Apr 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 30
I have compared them briefly on two occasions, neither ideal but it seems more than anyone else has been able to so far. For the most part, I had trouble telling them apart. As usual, the devil is in the details and perhaps under better conditions subtle differences would be more apparent. They both certainly sounded great and featured a very healthy sound stage for closed headphones. I found the DX700s to be the more attractive of the two. For the cheaper price, I even considered taking them home for a better listening session, but then I popped on the D7000s which were right next door and was quickly reminded of how much more I prefer the Denons overall signature. They give ground in terms of soundstage, but everything else better fits my preferences. The Denons sound crisper, tighter, faster, and brighter.

I find the Denons/JVCs to be in the same general ballpark in terms of sound signature. Those liking more laid back cans like the HD650s might prefer the JVCs and those liking more forward cans like Grados may prefer the Denons. Hard to go wrong with either though. Of course, personal auditions are really the best way if you can.

Hopefully I will have another opportunity to sit down for a longer listening session under better conditions before too long. I will try to follow up when I do. Seems like someone must have a pair of these by now though...

beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 30
Is the build quality the same between the two?

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 30
Yes, as far as I could tell, but I did not scrutinize. Both are very well built. Definitely feel sturdier than the Denons and many others.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 30
Don´t really find them in the same ballpark... Only heard the markl modded D5000 but by design you would think it would bring them closer to the JVC:s
tongue.gif

Surely both are "fun" headphones that colours the sound but the DX 1000 is way tighter for me and not that crazed out
smily_headphones1.gif

As for differences checking this
AudioCubes.com - JVC HP-DX1000 Stereo Headphones - HP-DX1000 -
AudioCubes.com - JVC HP-DX700 Stereo Headphones - HP-DX700 -

it seems like it´s the cable you are paying for mainly? response curve of 4-30000 or 5-30000 maybe is all due to the cable? Quite similarly priced so a bit strange. I mean you have one for 900 buck and one for 1000 I guess most would get the 1000$ one as kind of an ensurance. But maybe the DX 700 is considerably cheaper elsewhere? 460 euro is the cheapest I found the DX 1000 at. Even if I myself don´t really believe that much in expensive cables. I wouldnt think that people that find the DX 1000 too expensive would go for the DX 700 instead if it´s indead only the cable that differ? But surely it looks great and is still considerably more managable then my aftermarket PRO 900 cable
smily_headphones1.gif

If you pay premium you should expect premium material as well to drool upon
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the build quality the same between the two?

so how did the JVC HP-DX1000/MDR-CD3000 comparison go then ?
biggrin.gif

the guy who bought my cd1k prefers it over his dx1k, better soundstage and cleaner upper spectrum he said

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far preferring the DX1000s.

any chance making an even shorter sentence?
biggrin.gif

so I'm asking.....why, oh why? I demand explanations
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read again what you've just wrote...

???

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any chance making an even shorter sentence?
biggrin.gif

DX1000 >CD3000?

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #12 of 30
DX1K>CD3K

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #14 of 30
How would you compare the bass of the DX700 to the DX1000?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have compared them briefly on two occasions, neither ideal but it seems more than anyone else has been able to so far. For the most part, I had trouble telling them apart. As usual, the devil is in the details and perhaps under better conditions subtle differences would be more apparent. They both certainly sounded great and featured a very healthy sound stage for closed headphones. I found the DX700s to be the more attractive of the two. For the cheaper price, I even considered taking them home for a better listening session, but then I popped on the D7000s which were right next door and was quickly reminded of how much more I prefer the Denons overall signature. They give ground in terms of soundstage, but everything else better fits my preferences. The Denons sound crisper, tighter, faster, and brighter.

I find the Denons/JVCs to be in the same general ballpark in terms of sound signature. Those liking more laid back cans like the HD650s might prefer the JVCs and those liking more forward cans like Grados may prefer the Denons. Hard to go wrong with either though. Of course, personal auditions are really the best way if you can.

Hopefully I will have another opportunity to sit down for a longer listening session under better conditions before too long. I will try to follow up when I do. Seems like someone must have a pair of these by now though...

beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #15 of 30
Any differences in the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back