Any Chronic Headphone Adjusters out there?
Jun 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mmayer167

500+ Head-Fier
So, awkward thread and interesting at the same time... but i wanted to know if any of you adjust the position of your hp's while your listening more than once every five minutes? Or if you adjust once ever 5 until you've got the sweet spot and then they sit for good / sit for a while and then feel the need to re-position due to some position sensitive hp's.

The reason I am blabbing about this is due to my weird obsession with finding the right position for my right ear. I'm thinking it is because i could possibly have some hearing damage to my right ear but wondering what you guys do while your enjoying your setup.

Any feedback would be wonderful, just a shot in the dark here to see what everyone does while doing what we all enjoy
biggrin.gif

just an fyi, i have this issue most prominent with open cans....  and as i write this I am really enjoying some well recorded John Mayer "Battle Studies" with my k601's
biggrin.gif

Cheers everyone and happy listening. I hope all of you who attended CanJam had a blast and wish I could have been there as I only live 6 hours from the local this year.... bummer, just couldn't take time off school/work/moving.     

PS sorry if I put this in the "wrong" forum section..

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 5
I think positioning headphones is a very overlooked part of headphone listening... you would not throw a pair of $1000 (wow, they dont even sound as good as SR-60 once you get past the fact that they sort of have soundstage) speakers in a room without at least thinking about where they will sound the best, but so many people carelessly put their headphones on like that.

On that note, when using headphones I am intimately familiar with I generally move them around for about 3 minutes to get them just like I like them then I leave them be until I need to take them off.

I have been quite enamored as of late with the "how to equalize your headphones, a toutorial" thread that was a sticky until the great PHBB system was replaced with the huddler system. I generally set an EQ for a week or 2 and then just tweak it a hair. So far its working outstandingly well.

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 5
I have to adjust my headphones when the pressure eventually builds up and it gets too tight for my large head. This occurs about every hour or so. I just have to take the phones off and stretch them a bit.

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't usually adjust unless I'm having a comfort issue.

As to sound changing with position, I'd imagine that pinna shape has a lot to do with the varying sensitivity one has to headphone positioning.  I don't have particular sensitivity to position or I may have tin ears.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 5
^ Yeah, comfort issues only for me, I only readjust my headphones when my ears start hurting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back