Any Artists here on head-fi? If so, what do you do?
Jun 25, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, OK, forgot to post a link to samples of my artwork.

www.conceptmonkeys.com

Majorly overdue for an update.
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, I'm just lazy.

-Ed

I knew about the Transformers, but you designed for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers too? You are my hero!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #33 of 41
Why aren't any of you guys posting in the 880 giveaway?

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 41
Started college thinking I was going to be a mechanical engineer, found Industrial Design and swithched schools, discovered wood and then metal, switched schools again, learned how to weld.... they gave me a BFA-sculpture. Am I an artist? (loaded question) not for me to say. I do make stuff though, sometimes functional. Here is a link to some old work

Nice stuff in the previous posts.
thanks for showing

peace

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #36 of 41
Writer (short fiction and novels) here. I'm not a comix buff but am a fan of quite a few graphic novels (Watchmen, Blankets, Fagin, etc). I also work on collaboration in digital media (as a prof). I'd be very interested to "sit in" on whatever you folks get up to.

best,

o

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really nice drawings Ed.

I just got my architecture degree and I like to think there is some art to this field.

yes... Architecture is definitely an art form. it encompasses physical, visual, and conceptual theory, relationships between time and space, involves working with many various mediums, importance in light, colour, and design, has a rich history and is an ever-changing entity. Architecture is in us and all around us.

of course, there's also the other school of Architects that believe the above statement is a load of BS!
biggrin.gif
i went to an art school for Architecture (Pratt Institute) so i'm allowed to BS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

seriously though, Architecture is an art form. a building doesn't design itself, and when an Architect designs, he/she is baring their soul into the project. to me, that's art.

after 14 years in the Architecture field (including academic career), i'm sorry to say i'm burnt out. i've lost the passion for the field, and when an artist loses passion, it's time to move on. of course i can always come back to it at a later date... you know what they say, you can't miss it unless you leave it.

congrats on your Architecture degree, CLum! it really is one of the most difficult degrees out there, and takes blood sweat and tears (and 5 years of sleepless nights!) to earn it; i know... about 2/3 of my class dropped out by the time i graduated. my hat's off to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #40 of 41
BA in Studio Art, here. I studied photography and video production, mostly, but I also studied sculpture, drawing, and painting as well. I especially loved/hated sculpture, not only for the hours but also the critiques. I guess I had professors who were obsessed with craftsmanship. Although I'm not currently working on projects, I formulate and record ideas everyday. If you do that, you never really quit being an artist. Now getting the funds/grants to do work, is really half the battle. Geez, how I wish I was born rich
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back