Any Artists here on head-fi? If so, what do you do?
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #16 of 41
I'm currently working as a Graphic Designer / 3D Artist. Before this I was working in motion graphics.

I also do a little bit of drawing / painting in my spare time. I've managed to hold onto most of my classical art skills since high school
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 41
BFA in painting here....mainly gets used as a hobby now (do the occasional oil portraiture now). Main job is medical animation...went on to a MS in medical illustration. I've found that the most intriguing areas of biomedical visualization is 3D graphics. So most my day to day clients involve animation and 3D modeling. My main work is creating a complete human anatomy dataset. Main programs are Maya, Aftereffects, Photoshop, Mudbox, XSI, and Illustrator.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 41
Me and a buddy used to be fairly neck and neck as far as skills go. After high school, he kept drawing and is now in the trade that is the ONLY form of traditional art which involves no computers what so ever....tatooing.

But here, check out some of his stuff...he's absolutely rediculous, and can now pretty much school me.

http://www.rupintart.worldbreak.com/photo.html

Those "wall murals" are about 6 feet tall by the way....on a wall in his bedroom.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 41
I just bought a t-shirt yesterday with this:
1985.jpg

if any of you guys could do this kind of stuff for the love of us, I'd love to print myself another t or 2 with this kinda thing... I actually saw some ideas of stuff I'd like to print too.. will update if I ever do
smily_headphones1.gif
also, if anyone has head-fi related art already.. would love to see
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #20 of 41
I suspect a bias towards the visual arts in the original post. Music is an art too.
tongue.gif

I dabble in music composition in my home recording studio. Which reminds me that I need to update my software, along with my desktop PC, both are getting old & tired...curse you Computer-Fi!

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #21 of 41
larry at headphile and swt61 both do some artistic woodwork!
cool.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 41
Calling myself an artist would probably be a bit much - but I do draw as a hobby
rs1smile.gif

Some of my better stuff - site's in Danish, but the pics pretty much speaks for them self
cool.gif

http://enig.tegnebordet.dk/

>Inkmo
Really like your colering/lighting on that

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 41
wow dang. Lots of responses. Folks that showed me stuff, that's all awesome.
Especially the medical/anatomical 3d modeling stuff. I was unaware the field existed.

I'll admit I was thinking primarily about visual arts, illustration in particular, but music is awesome too. I've thought about going from dabbling with my guitar to actually making music a couple of times, but have always found the entry fee a little cost prohibitive. I need new computer stuff and some mics... and a new guitar really. My old one is getting pretty beaten up....

Huh, maybe if we did an art jam we could just set up a theme and see what sort of submissions we get. Comics pages, songs, sand sculptures etc. all around a theme...
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, OK, forgot to post a link to samples of my artwork.

www.conceptmonkeys.com

Majorly overdue for an update.
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, I'm just lazy.

-Ed

Really nice drawings Ed.

I just got my architecture degree and I like to think there is some art to this field.

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #26 of 41
I'm a potter. It all started as a hobby that just kind-of got out of control. Not that anyone here can relate to that. I sell my work at several craft/art shows a year and have pieces in several galleries. Here's a link to our (my wife & I) one page web site.

http://southernpotters.com/fatcatpottery

Jun 24, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #27 of 41
Really nice work Edwood - I especially like your vehicle drawings
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #29 of 41
Not me, I can't put two stick figures together, but Mr. Plainsong started out with Linux theming, then moved to Windowblinds/Nextstart/Winamp/etc.,.. then moved to Pocketpc Today themes/Wisbar Advanced 2/Pocketbreeze/Contactbreeze/iLauncher/Pocketweather/Weatherpanel/Spb Pocketplus/ and Windows Mobile smartphone homescreen/Facade/Smartmonitor/Fizz Traveller/Phonealarm.

Not many skinners are doing these full suites. There's so much to do, fans of the skins have zero concept of how much work it is. You couldn't have a full time job (he does, obviously) and keep skins up to date. But once he started with Pocketpc the doors just opened up. Sure he sells and makes free skin suites, and wants to make more, not a shortage of ideas, but for the past year it's been nothing but freelance work for some of these companies and a few manufacturers.

It's kinda like the guy who starts building amps because he wants to build something he wants to use. He's self-taught, but he's good at what he does, and the hobby just explodes all over him. That's happened to Mr. Plainsong.
smily_headphones1.gif

www.juniskins.com

The only "jamming" he does is in SA Photoshop and MS Paint threads.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #30 of 41
Is writing considered an art? I try to write novels and short stories on my free time but have so far been too coward to do anything more with my "work."

I also used to write poetry during my angst teenage days.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back