Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #5,191 of 6,444

Quote:
5150 is just a mixer caffeine, it has ~160mg per 13 cents in the 32oz (160mg is a Monster 16oz).  Buy some house brand soda (75 cents for the 2 liters I get) and make your own energy drinks.  ^_-

I buy 12 packs of yecola (no name brand cola) for $1.50. Drink some experiment with the rest. Good deal other then the fact 80% of the cans taste like windex.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #5,192 of 6,444

Quote:
I buy 12 packs of yecola (no name brand cola) for $1.50. Drink some experiment with the rest. Good deal other then the fact 80% of the cans taste like windex.

Wow you guys are living the life. down under, an energy drink 4pack is 8 aus dollars. Coke is like double the price of pepsi, and yecola has yet to be invented. sigh.

The only pick-me-up I can afford is pure unadulterated addiction. but then again, I'm more nocturnal than circadian and also a periodic insomniac so I guess staying awake is less of a problem - zzzZzzz until it's daytime zzzZzzz

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #5,193 of 6,444

Quote:

Wow you guys are living the life. down under, an energy drink 4pack is 8 aus dollars. Coke is like double the price of pepsi, and yecola has yet to be invented. sigh.

The only pick-me-up I can afford is pure unadulterated addiction. but then again, I'm more nocturnal than circadian and also a periodic insomniac so I guess staying awake is less of a problem - zzzZzzz until it's daytime zzzZzzz

Yecola is a nickname me and my friends made for it since in comes in a yellow box/can that says NO NAME COLA in big black letters. Like i mentioned though 4/5 cans taste like windex.

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #5,194 of 6,444

Quote:
Got bored after 60 episodes.

It gets much better if you keep pressing on. I almost stopped at that point as well, but man am I glad I kept watching
cool.gif

Quote:
I follow the manga but it is quite a =.=' moment when they decided to continue with the series after aizen is defeated. I bet 200 chapters later they're gonna say he is reborn 100 times more powerful than before but ichigo would have leveled up 120 times more by then as well...the cycle then continues....

Yes it's kinda dull at this point, I think you're right though. after Ichigo took out Aizen they could have done a few more episodes to end the anime. But I guess Bleach is turning into the new DBZ (man I hope I'm wrong and they somehow turn the series around!!!).

Quote:
I still love it. Anime sucks, mostly filller

The first 60 episodes are only worth watching of the anime. After that, everything just gets terrible.

Kubo said that Bleach is ending in another arch I believe. At the end of the whole Aizen arch, he said one training and a final one.

What does though think of this

What is he implying?

I thought I heard that Kubo said he has enough to keep going for another 10 years
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #5,195 of 6,444

Quote:

It gets much better if you keep pressing on. I almost stopped at that point as well, but man am I glad I kept watching
cool.gif

Yes it's kinda dull at this point, I think you're right though. after Ichigo took out Aizen they could have done a few more episodes to end the anime. But I guess Bleach is turning into the new DBZ (man I hope I'm wrong and they somehow turn the series around!!!).

I thought I heard that Kubo said he has enough to keep going for another 10 years
confused_face_2.gif

Don't dis Dragonball Z. I quite enjoy it for what it is.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #5,196 of 6,444

Quote:
Don't dis Dragonball Z. I quite enjoy it for what it is.

I'm not dissing DBZ at all!! I like DBZ quite a bit as well, however I don't think we need another anime series morphing into a copycat DBZ.

BTW, Love that Spice and Wolf sig pic
cool.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #5,197 of 6,444

Quote:
I'm not dissing DBZ at all!! I like DBZ quite a bit as well, however I don't think we need another anime series morphing into a copycat DBZ.

cool.gif

Bleach does need to just die at this point. The main villain's gone, what do they expect to do? Just be cheap and quick about it and animate an epilogue already. All the money poured into that show could be used for making something new and more creative if you ask me.

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #5,198 of 6,444
How is Bleach like Dragon Ball exactly?

Bleach has more episodes than DBZ's 291.
Bleach has more filler episodes.

DBZ has 50 episodes of actual filler episodes.
And non filler episodes most stuff is just longer fights than the manga and some other filler at times.
The only reason DBZ was even made the way it was is how high the ratings in Japan were.
If it had Bleach ratings Toei Animation would've canceled it immediately.
25% shares is insane ratings and doing close to 20% or higher every episode.
Basically no TV show at all has ratings like that.

Bleach ratings for TV in Japan 1%-3% (if it's lucky).

Toei Animation canceled Dragon Ball GT and it had 14.6%(average) ratings.

I really have no idea why Studio Pierrot continues to make Bleach.
Other than to keep people employed unless streaming episodes for English speaking fans is really making them money.

Manga Bleach
I hear people say Bleach moves insanely slow.
And there is actual training arcs even in the manga?

Dragon Ball manga training 1-2 pages at most.Or just mentioned.
And it was creative with when and how it did so called training.
People bash the anime.
But the manga is legendary really no battle manga.
Has panel layout,pacing,and fights done as good as DB.
Also peaked the characters strength Goku can never get stronger.

But Weekly Shonen Jump is in a runt and always will be since the new mangas in Jump keep borrowing/stealing from the stuff that ran back in the 80's-early 90's.

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #5,200 of 6,444

Quote:

cool.gif

I agree i don't want copies of everything. But I understand why everyone copies it in the first place. It's a classic. But then again 90% of shonen is the same or very similar.

And thanks for the compliment on the sig pic. I found it on Konachan wallpapers. Be warned some content on that site is NSFW

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #5,201 of 6,444

Quote:

cool.gif

DBZ was a copy of earlier works. And Bleach is the furthest from DBZ when you put Naruto and One Piece into account. Both Naurto and Luffy were based off of Goku from DBZ

Quote:
Bleach does need to just die at this point. The main villain's gone, what do they expect to do? Just be cheap and quick about it and animate an epilogue already. All the money poured into that show could be used for making something new and more creative if you ask me.

Read the Manga for once.

Quote:
How is Bleach like Dragon Ball exactly?

Bleach ratings for TV in Japan 1%-3% (if it's lucky).

Manga Bleach
I hear people say Bleach moves insanely slow.
And there is actual training arcs even in the manga?

It's not

All ratings have dropped. It's not worth it to watch the rating more then the DVD/Bray sales

The speed that the Manga moves is great. A lot faster then Naruto and faster then the Old one piece.

Te training archs are glimpsed at, then faded out.

Quote:
I agree i don't want copies of everything. But I understand why everyone copies it in the first place. It's a classic. But then again 90% of shonen is the same or very similar.

They copy to make the demographic happy. That's why 90% of the protags are all the same.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #5,202 of 6,444

Quote:
DBZ was a copy of earlier works. And Bleach is the furthest from DBZ when you put Naruto and One Piece into account. Both Naurto and Luffy were based off of Goku from DBZ

It's not

All ratings have dropped. It's not worth it to watch the rating more then the DVD/Bray sales

The speed that the Manga moves is great. A lot faster then Naruto and faster then the Old one piece.

Te training archs are glimpsed at, then faded out.

Dragon Ball is a copy of what manga?
Exactly it's not.
Dragon Ball is Akira Toriyama taking his Dr Slump series then adding plotline/adventure storyline then mixing it slightly with Saiyuki/Journey To The West and at the time he really liked Jackie Chan movies so he decided to also make it have marital arts/fighting.

At one time Weekly Shonen Jump wasn't full of battle manga.

It's Dragon Ball,Kinnikuman,Fist Of The North Star,JoJo's Bizarre Adventure,Sakigake Otokojuku,Saint Seiya and Yu Yu Hakusho that made battle manga so big.

Yu Yu Hakusho came pretty late into the game but at least Togashi doesn't blatantly steal he is a good writer and was able to be original and put his own twist on things.

And Jump had other things Rokudenashi Blues,City Hunter,Video Girl Ai,Slam Dunk etc.. it wasn't hmm we can't do anything but battle manga.

And most didn't run forever either only JoJo has.

Today's Jump is full of inferior manga creators who can't not but copy the past from the same exact magazine of past creations.
Bleach was originally rejected by Jump they probably thought hey we don't want your 5th rate wanna be Ushio & Tora,Ghost Sweeper Mikami,Jigoku Sensei Nube etc.. knock off.

And of course we can say well these are genres hardly anything is original but there is a difference between making something of the same genre and then actually almost straight up plagiarism.

Umm for the most part anime doesn't actually sell in Japan so I don't know why you would looks at sales vs TV ratings.
Studio Ghibli movies sell,Gundam sells, old animes on DVD/Blu Ray sell.
Currently running/recently ran stuff doesn't.

And One Piece still has pretty much the same TV ratings it had since airing started.
Detective Conan maybe not as high at it once was but still does pretty good.
Crayon Shin Chan,Maruko Chan,Sazae San still doing the same numbers it always has.

Animes that never would've even been put on TV in 70s-90's still having 0.1%-2.0% ratings.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5,203 of 6,444
Finally finished Hanasaku, the style was somehow more like a tv drama than a typical anime.. Anyway to me it was pretty well done, make me feel like to bonboru~~

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #5,204 of 6,444

Quote:
Finally finished Hanasaku, the style was somehow more like a tv drama than a typical anime.. Anyway to me it was pretty well done, make me feel like to bonboru~~

It's alright

Not enough fan service shots IMO.

Nice if you like the lighter side, almost light hearted viewing

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #5,205 of 6,444
I'm sorry, but you have to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTkj0eu-fk&feature=channel_video_title
Dorkifying awesome! How fluttershy got her cutie mark!
tongue.gif

Watch in jammifying volume please. ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back