Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 22, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #5,161 of 6,444

Quote:
I really like One Piece though it took me a few dozen episodes to get hooked.

The Manga is better.

What does everyone think of the new art direction Oda has been taking? I feel as if it moves away from the battle shonen, but then also pushes the envelope. Frankly, I don't like it. I find it has far too much going on at once to enjoy sub plots.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #5,163 of 6,444

Quote:

whoah....I hope this isn't another inaccurate experiment. please PLEASE please let there be time travel :)

On a side note, after reading the "bitch slap with money" post from 3 pages back, it roused my curiousity in mayo chiki. up to date now, and I think it's a really great series!! also watching sora no otoshimono forte (i watched the first season like a year ago) and just watched zero no tsukaima season 1 last night. favourite of these three is mayo chiki. I don't like zero's taiga-esque ***** whipping character (I wasn't a big fan of toradora)

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #5,164 of 6,444

Quote:
whoah....I hope this isn't another inaccurate experiment. please PLEASE please let there be time travel :)

On a side note, after reading the "bitch slap with money" post from 3 pages back, it roused my curiousity in mayo chiki. up to date now, and I think it's a really great series!! also watching sora no otoshimono forte (i watched the first season like a year ago) and just watched zero no tsukaima season 1 last night. favourite of these three is mayo chiki. I don't like zero's taiga-esque ***** whipping character (I wasn't a big fan of toradora)

Toradora really sucked.

The novels are even worse. The main character never stops complaining for god's sake.

Mayo Chiki is a good filler watch. Nothing you'd really rave about after the season, but a nice watch. That Imouto is amazing though.

The Zero novels are much better then the anime, but it's a good watch also. The problem is that they author didn't die a while back. Now he's moving on to his 32,000th novel of the series.

Otoshimono is one of my favorite comedies out. But the manga is far better then the anime, and that's hard to get better then that production quality. I highly recommend to read the manga, it's mostly filler, but great filler.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #5,165 of 6,444
I haven't heard much about bleach in the thread recently?  Anyone else enjoying Bleach as much as I am?
beyersmile.png

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #5,166 of 6,444

Quote:
I haven't heard much about bleach in the thread recently?  Anyone else enjoying Bleach as much as I am?
beyersmile.png

Got bored after 60 episodes.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #5,168 of 6,444
I follow the manga but it is quite a =.=' moment when they decided to continue with the series after aizen is defeated. I bet 200 chapters later they're gonna say he is reborn 100 times more powerful than before but ichigo would have leveled up 120 times more by then as well...the cycle then continues....

Quote:
beyersmile.png

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #5,169 of 6,444

Quote:
beyersmile.png

I still love it. Anime sucks, mostly filller

Quote:
Episode 60ish is where it cuts off on the action part (and what was good of the whole anime, if you ask me)

Watching Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle now for some reason, and it has my favorite little...rabbit...Thing in it. Mokona.

The first 60 episodes are only worth watching of the anime. After that, everything just gets terrible.

Quote:
I follow the manga but it is quite a =.=' moment when they decided to continue with the series after aizen is defeated. I bet 200 chapters later they're gonna say he is reborn 100 times more powerful than before but ichigo would have leveled up 120 times more by then as well...the cycle then continues....

Kubo said that Bleach is ending in another arch I believe. At the end of the whole Aizen arch, he said one training and a final one.

What does though think of this

What is he implying?

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #5,170 of 6,444

Quote:
Toradora really sucked.

The novels are even worse. The main character never stops complaining for god's sake.

Mayo Chiki is a good filler watch. Nothing you'd really rave about after the season, but a nice watch. That Imouto is amazing though.

The Zero novels are much better then the anime, but it's a good watch also. The problem is that they author didn't die a while back. Now he's moving on to his 32,000th novel of the series.

Otoshimono is one of my favorite comedies out. But the manga is far better then the anime, and that's hard to get better then that production quality. I highly recommend to read the manga, it's mostly filler, but great filler.

Interesting. I shall definitely check out the manga.

I liked mayo chiki for its lightness at the start, but as I kept watching amidst the fanservice and enjoyably-generic characters, it has begun to grow on me. It is light and precisely how I like it.

also reading beelzebub manga at the moment. getting to a dry patch with the entrance of some demon teacher, so i've neglected it for a bit.

Just finished sora no otoshimono forte a few minutes ago. I want ikaros to end up happy, she looked forlorn at the end of the series. I can feel the seed of an unemployed 30 year old otaku growing within me >.>

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #5,171 of 6,444

Quote:
Interesting. I shall definitely check out the manga.

I liked mayo chiki for its lightness at the start, but as I kept watching amidst the fanservice and enjoyably-generic characters, it has begun to grow on me. It is light and precisely how I like it.

also reading beelzebub manga at the moment. getting to a dry patch with the entrance of some demon teacher, so i've neglected it for a bit.

Just finished sora no otoshimono forte a few minutes ago. I want ikaros to end up happy, she looked forlorn at the end of the series. I can feel the seed of an unemployed 30 year old otaku growing within me >.>

Beelzebub is good fun. I liked the early premise, but the new route that it turned out to be is fine also. When you finish that, check out Gintama.

The artist to Sora No Otoshimono like Ikaros as a love interest, but then I doubt that he wants to put a ending on his manga.

remember that a Romance/Drama ends. Comedy has no ending.

So if the artist wanted to end it, he would but a romance spin on it. Manga says it's most likely for Ikaros end. And she's still my favorite and a great character.

I want to see how the movie adapts one of the best manga archs.

I just got caught up on the last 7-8 chapters of Medaka Box. I'm still enjoying the sub plots of the characters, but the focus plot is BS.

I still wish for the character designs to be placed in a more "valuable" story.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #5,172 of 6,444
Quote:
Kubo said that Bleach is ending in another arch I believe. At the end of the whole Aizen arch, he said one training and a final one.

Yay that's good news for me, I'm getting tired of reading it every week in hopes that it will either get better, or end.

Man, I keep on reading that Einstein Lied thread as Elfen Lied.
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #5,173 of 6,444

Quote:

Yay that's good news for me, I'm getting tired of reading it every week in hopes that it will either get better, or end.

Man, I keep on reading that Einstein Lied thread as Elfen Lied.
tongue.gif

You know Bleach is hardly staying on as a running manga. The sales is so far down, even below Medaka box

I'm kinda sad.

One Piece is passed the "halfway" mark.

Naruto is about to end (not sad, happy. It's been total Sh!$)

Bleach (the only manga where the character isn't based off Goku) is ending in a couple archs.

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5,175 of 6,444

Quote:

Grrr those guys just trained for like two years, why don't they just go and eff stuff up? The hell are they still doing at that stupid island anyway?

Fishman Island?

Recruiting.
biggrin.gif

it's the only way to continue from the way their map is setup.

Remember how they travel to island to island? They just can't point out and head to any island, they need to go to the one that's designated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back